Year Of The Rabbit - Series 1 Page 3

Latest episode was very good.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th July 2019, 12:27 PM

Aren't Matt Berry, Keeley Hawes and Jill Halfpenny likeable people?

I can't say as I don't know any of them in real life.

Isn't watching them enough?

No.

But the show isn't real life, so what's the difference?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th July 2019, 5:00 PM

what's the difference?

Between . . . ?

Okay, I get it. You don't like the show!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 10th July 2019, 8:38 PM

Okay, I get it. You don't like the show!

I wouldn't say that: it's extremely good in many respects.

If I could warm to some of the characters, I'd like it very much.

Aren't Matt Berry, Keeley Hawes and Jill Halfpenny likeable people? Isn't watching them enough?

Rood means their characters aren't likeable.

Still not sure. In screenwriting terms it's the "Save the cat". You need to write something where the character redeems themselves.

My view is, sod it. A character is a character. You either like them or you don't. Sorry, Rood.

I have tried and I just hate this so called show and I would petition not to have a second series. Talk about MATT BERRY doing one sitcom too many. Please go back to doing TOAST OF LONDON. He is in danger of being totally played out and watered down over this tripe.

Not a riot, but I've enjoyed it and clearly they have thrown a lot of money at it, AND it looks like there will be another series with the way they finished it - I would watch a second series.

As would I. I know they're keen, and I believe there's a good chance. Fingers crossed.

I disagree with that almost wholly, Rood Eye. It's a great series - possibly Cecil and Riley's best work. Very funny at all levels of the spectrum of bizarrity.

Watched the last one today, very good. Roll on series 2.

Did Rabbit f**k anyone apart from Flora (played by Jill Halfpenny)? Just seems unlikely for that sort of character.

Seems fairly believable for a man with one eyebrow.