What are you watching on TV? Page 2,155

Quote: chipolata @ 13th July 2019, 10:20 PM

Atlanta on BBC2. He's very good, is Donald Glover.

Glad it's back. Hope we get season two of Better Things soon too.

Rod Liddle attacking the BBC's bias on Newsnight.

And now they have a Guardian journalist. Rod's point proven.

Atlanta has 2 Golden Globes, 2 Primetime Emmy Awards, not shabby.

I'm in "Euphoria US" now. 5 episodes so far.

BBC News 24. The new look is f**king awful.

Quote: chipolata @ 16th July 2019, 5:40 PM

BBC News 24. The new look is f**king awful.

Is it? Can't say I've noticed - so what's awful, and I'll look out for it and let you know if I agree. :)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 16th July 2019, 11:12 PM

Is it? Can't say I've noticed - so what's awful, and I'll look out for it and let you know if I agree. :)

You're putting me on the spot! I just don't like it. The font and layout seems too, I don't know .... magazine supplement? It reminds me of the Guardian a bit (which is fine for a newspaper but not so fine for a rolling news channel).

Quote: chipolata @ 18th July 2019, 11:55 AM

You're putting me on the spot! I just don't like it. The font and layout seems too, I don't know .... magazine supplement? It reminds me of the Guardian a bit (which is fine for a newspaper but not so fine for a rolling news channel).

I've put my finger on it. It just looks like a website rather than a news channel.

Going trough taskmaster seasons I did discovery it a few days ago

Just about to watch Vic 'n' Bob on BBC2.

I nearly choked laughing at the orange incident.

The very last 'This Week'. Do love Michael Portillo's clothes.

Quote: Chappers @ 18th July 2019, 9:59 PM

Just about to watch Vic 'n' Bob on BBC2.

Was looking forward to this until I realised it was a repeat.

I've just started watching tonight's episode of Endeavour and in the opening credits, it mentions a "Michael Pennington".

"Surely, that's Johnny Vegas?" I said.

Alas no.

It's an actor that share's JV's real name.

Watched an interesting documentary about Russian prisons. One prison dubbed Black Dolphin is a supermax full of the worst offenders and the level of security is unbelievable. The cells are within a cell, they are monitored by CCTV and have 15 minute patrols to check on the inmates. There is no cafeteria or recreation areas so inmates are kept in their cells 23 hours a day and eat meals in their cells. When they are moved around the prison they are held in a braced position so they are bent forward and are blindfolded so they can't memorise the layout of the prison. As a result no-one has ever escaped.

Can you imagine that regime in a British maximum security prison? There would be a human rights outcry.

Not from me.