A Weekend With Lulu

Big fan of Bob Monkhouse, but comedy actor he ain't I'm sorry to say and the only saving grace in this was Irene Handl.

Almost like a Carry On film and made worse by not having the Carry On stalwarts in it. For example I'm sure Barbara Windsor would have made a better job of it than Shirley Eaton. Having said that, I've just realised that Sid James had a small part in it, and Kenneth Connor an even smaller part.

Apparently the last film of tiny Edie Martin - "Too Many Crooks" and "The Lady Killers" most notably.

Poor.

Watched this on TPTV last week. Was quite looking forward to it, having seen the plot and the cast. A little disappointed but, like you, thought Irene Handl was the best part of it.

I really enjoyed this one. Would have been even better with some more regular Carry On faces, but I found it really entertaining and laughed a lot.

The title of this thread is misleading. Had assumed it was a competition :-(

Yes, I thought it was going to be about two days with a feisty female from Glasgow.

Quote: john tregorran @ 11th July 2019, 9:09 PM

Yes, I thought it was going to be about two days with a feisty female from Glasgow.

Let's pretend...

Yep... we were "Boom Bang-a-Bang" WRONG :-)