Stand-Up Routine - Swimming lessons & pyjamas/rubber bricks.

Hey!
I'm trying to remember who performed a stand-up set which had a section about swimming lessons and I'm hoping someone here might know!
The comedian talks about having swimming lessons as a child and how it prepared (or didn't as is the point) to save someone from drowning by practising swimming in their pyjamas and picking up a rubber brick from the bottom of the pool.
They said something about if they were to see someone drowning they would have to be like "Oh wait, Hang on whilst I grab my pyjamas".
Sorry I know that's not a lot to go on but if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

I remember the routine too and now I'm wracking my brain...

It's so frustrating! I have watched so many YouTube clips now trying to find it and used every search term I could possibly think of but I just can't recall it!

Almost sure it was Eddie Izzard.

Thank you! He does a routine on it yes! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtW5GrdmV7E

I think there is someone else as well though :/ I've watched the above clip a couple of times since you posted and I don't think it's the one I'm thinking of (I should point out I could just be going completely crazy).

I love Eddie Izzard, actually I think he might be my favourite comedian, so it's not because I don't want it to be him, I just remember the sketch a little different and it's like a worm in my head now that I can only get rid of my finding the exact clip I'm thinking of! The one I'm thinking of is more modern (potentially on a Live at The Apollo or that kind of thing) and the comedian talks about how if they saw someone drowning but didn't have pyjamas with them they wouldn't be able to help, They have to change into their pyjamas before jumping in and saving them.

I too have a rough memory of it. It wasn't that Eddie Izzard one though, something much more recent, like you said a Live At The Apollo or something.

For some reason Jason Manford and Jon Richardson immediately popped into my head, so try those two

I feel like it's Russell Howard.

"I've still yet to save a black rubber brick from drowning while coincidentally walking past the side of a canal wearing a pair of pyjamas" says Peter Kay.

The quote about the pyjamas specifically sounds like it's from this Rhod Gilbert routine, at the 51 minute mark.

It's one of those collective memory things, really.

Did anyone mention the flap at the back if you get into difficulty in your pyjamas?