Netflix condemned for "Good Omens"

A Christian group has delivered a 20,000-name petition to Netflix demanding that the miniseries Good Omens be cancelled. Signatories to the petition believe the show normalises and even promotes Satanism.

The problem is that Netflix is in no way responsible for the content of Good Omens: it's a BBC Studios production for BBC One and Amazon Prime.

I'm not a fan of Satanism or indeed Godism (is that a thing?) but I am a great fan of both Michael Sheen and David Tennant.

Accordingly, I hope the show is resurrected for a second series.

These 20,000 people could only object to the accuracy of Demons, if they themselves have met them, in which case they must be very bad people. Should we let very bad people govern us ? At least Netflix doesn't bang on your front door and demand we all talk about God, right there and then.

The Last Leg had the best line on this - they should cancel it to appease the zealots then bring it back three days later.

I haven't seen this yet, but wasn't the book it's based on a one off novel? So this would have been a limited one off series anyway.

Beautiful song Je t'aime... moi non plus https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlpDf6XX_j0 Was denounced by the Vatican (for orgasm sounds).
Birkin says Gainsbourg called the Pope "our greatest PR man"

Quote: rrr 969 @ 25th June 2019, 12:01 PM

Beautiful song Je t'aime... moi non plus

In Britain, there are about 3½ million people in their early 50s.

I bet most of them were conceived to that soundtrack. Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th June 2019, 1:27 PM

I bet most of them were conceived to that soundtrack. Laughing out loud

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud...................................:|