The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 26

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2019, 10:56 PM

Whatever happened to him career-wise. He always seemed much better looking and switched on than Nicholas Lyndhurst.

I've seen him in a few stage plays over the years. He also has 26 tv credits on IMDB post-Butterflies including Eastenders, Hollyoaks, Doctors, Casualty, Holby Ciy, 3 episodes of 2point4 Chldren and 41 episodes of Coronation Street.

June 9 soon, I saw the thread in "active threads" and remembered about Mayall

- it was beautiful time of the year.

Quote: rrr 969 @ 23rd May 2019, 6:04 PM

June 9 soon, I saw the thread in "active threads" and remembered about Mayall

- it was beautiful time of the year.

He's not dead. He's got a World Tour coming up.

https://www.johnmayall.com/tour

William Simons AKA PC Alf Ventress in Heartbeat.

I've come late to Heartbeat but enjoy it very much.They show all the episodes here.When they come to the last they go back to the first and start again.Alf was in it for the 18 years .

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd June 2019, 10:16 PM

I've come late to Heartbeat but enjoy it very much.They show all the episodes here.When they come to the last they go back to the first and start again.Alf was in it for the 18 years .

I remember "Heartbeat" with affection.

When it comes to gentle dramas of that type, it's probably the best of the lot.

Quote: john tregorran @ 22nd June 2019, 10:16 PM

I was watching a 1954 film, "Not So Dusty" with Bill Owen, Leslie Dwyer (Mr Partridge) & Dandy Nichols, on Talking Pictures TV the other week and there, clear as day, was "Alf Ventress" as a 15 year old. And, on checking on IMDB, I found that he had already had 16 TV/film credits prior to that role. So he certainly had a long and, until "Heartbeat" at least, varied career. R.I.P.

Christopher Booker
Co-founder of Private Eye and writer on TW3
Helped make a young JT's life bearable.
(Although he did seem to go quite bonkers later on,asbestos is good for you,etc...).

Quote: Chappers @ 22nd May 2019, 10:56 PM

Whatever happened to him (Andrew Hall) career-wise. He always seemed much better looking and switched on than Nicholas Lyndhurst.

Whatever lights your candle but Nick Lyndhurst had made a career about looking gormless.

John McCririck departed this life earlier today - at the age of 79.

For the last few decades, if you went anywhere in Britain and got into a conversation about horse racing with people who knew and cared next door to nothing about the sport, you could bet your bottom dollar there'd be two names they would know: Frankie Dettori and John McCririck.

He was the face of Channel 4 Racing for many years before he was sacked in 2012. Why was he sacked? Essentially, it was because he was non-PC in a world where survival in every social and professional situation depends upon one's being PC.

The only woman on Channel 4's regular team of racing presenters was Tanya Stevenson. John invariably referred to her as "the female" when doing his bits to camera. You can't get away with that in this modern day and age but the fact is that Tanya didn't mind at all. It wasn't intended to be disparaging: it was just John being John. The only people that objected to that turn of phrase were those who were offended on Tanya's behalf - and those people get up every morning with the sole purpose of spending their day being offended on other people's behalf.

When John left the Channel 4 team, I discussed his passing with Tanya and she seemed as sad as I was to see him go. Good for her, I say!

RIP John - you were a one-off and there will most certainly never ever be another.

Having mentioned one Tanya in my post above, it seems a rather macabre coincidence that another Tanya should be the subject of this post.

Tanya Jones, wife of Vinnie Jones the football hard man turned actor, has departed this life at the very young age of 53.

Vinnie himself remains in good health and, as he's always been game for a laugh and has put in some commendable performances in comedy dramas, I think Tanya's passing merits a mention in this thread.

RIP Tanya.

RIP Rip Torn. For a lot of comedy fans best remembered for playing Artie The Larry Sanders Show, but a lengthy film career as well, including starring in the excellent Wonder Boys.

His sister Slit Split was a good actress too.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th July 2019, 9:36 AM

His sister Slit Split was a good actress too.

>_

Quote: chipolata @ 10th July 2019, 11:46 AM

>_

What's happened to the wincing man? That's all I can get. >_

Yeah I know, as per my Status Report post. >_

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th May 2019, 7:14 AM

Only found out the other day that he (Toby Jones) is the son of the wonderful actor Freddie Jones who is now 91 years old! The first time I saw Freddie on TV back in the 60s I knew he was going to be one of the best...........................and he was..

Freddie Jones, father of Toby Jones, died today aged 91.