Things that piss you off Page 1,759

Don't fauce it.
It's bad enough when you sneeze your guts out - but the way people look at you like you're doing it on purpose just to wind them up. In the words of George Bernard Shaw, f**k off.
My mother had sex with marine life. She did it on porpoise.

Those bloody Vodaphone adverts with Martin bloody Freeman. He has only one character.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th June 2019, 9:53 PM

He has only one character.

A great many actors have made very successful careers out of playing nobody but themselves.

Logically, an actor would have to struggle very hard to achieve a substantial fan base among the general public if they had no idea what sort of a character he was going to portray in his next film or TV appearance.

If asked to name an actor who varies his performance significantly from one part of the next, I'd immediately come up with Michael Sheen but then I'd have to think before coming up with a second example.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th June 2019, 10:14 PM

A great many actors have made very successful careers out of playing nobody but themselves.

Logically, an actor would have to struggle very hard to achieve a substantial fan base among the general public if they had no idea what sort of a character he was going to portray in his next film or TV appearance.

If asked to name an actor who varies his performance significantly from one part of the next, I'd immediately come up with Michael Sheen but then I'd have to think before coming up with a second example.

Yes I know but I still find the adverts bloody annoying. It's all so predictable.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th June 2019, 9:53 PM

Those bloody Vodaphone adverts with Martin bloody Freeman. He has only one character.

That's six more than Knickerless Cage.

Spam removed.

How ironic that this twatting spammer should appear in the "Things that piss you off" thread....

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st June 2019, 2:54 PM

How ironic that this twatting spammer should appear in the "Things that piss you off" thread....

As Meat Loaf might say, "You took the words . . ." Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th June 2019, 10:14 PM

Tom Hanks tries different stuff,I think.

Quote: Lazzard @ 21st June 2019, 2:54 PM

Laughing out loud spamming an advert for an American dentist on a British comedy site tells me that person is going places.

perhaps it supposed to be humorous.we all know what they think of British teeth.

You're right John American sarcasm is very hard to detect, maybe we should get a second opinion on this one ?

I hate people who swear, split infinitives and put the adjective after the noun. I want them to f**king f**k off to pastures new.

While we are on grammar ,I don't like people saying "two times" instead of "twice".It's very popular these days and correct,I suppose but it sounds so childish.

Quote: john tregorran @ 23rd June 2019, 9:05 PM

I don't like people saying "two times" instead of "twice"

It's a fair point but, if you caught your girlfriend with another bloke, would you accuse her of twice-ing you? Laughing out loud