Status report Page 6,044

Cashless locations are being criticized here for discriminating against the homeless. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they went cashless in the first place.

Quote: john tregorran @ 17th June 2019, 10:05 PM

There was a woman waving a ring about at the check out the other day.Apparently magically it paid her bill.(And perhaps everyone else's in the queue.)

Are you sure she wasn't just twerking.

Quote: DaButt @ 17th June 2019, 11:57 PM

Cashless locations are being criticized here for discriminating against the homeless. I wouldn't be surprised if that's why they went cashless in the first place.

I was approached on 5 occasions in Brighton last night by 5 different people asking for money (one wanted a specific £6). I wondered then what they would do in a cashless society.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th June 2019, 10:29 PM

A quick once over of the wiki page for the mayor duties in the British Isles is mostly of ceremonial and other related duties and not linked to policing.

I think you're maybe confusing the Mayor of London (Khan) with the Lord Mayor of London (No idea).

Quote: Chappers @ 18th June 2019, 10:37 PM

Lord Mayor of London (No idea).

The name that immediately springs to mind is "Dick Whittington": I certainly can't think of a more recent one.

Lord Mayor of London, Incumbent Peter Estlin since 9 November 2018

Got a card at work today and there were rumours I had a secret admirer. I was hoping the same but it's just a 5 years service thank-you card.

Yesterday was the longest day - it's all down-hill from here to long dark cold nights of doom & gloom.

Just thought I'd spread a bit of cheer.

Thank you Mr Despond. Are you feeling bilious again?

Sick Yes, the NYMR finished last night. :(

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 20th June 2019, 2:25 PM

Got a card at work today and there were rumours I had a secret admirer. I was hoping the same but it's just a 5 years service thank-you card.

5 year service? Is that supposed to be an achievement?

At least they recognised it and in this day of pimp employment agencies and gangmasters it could end up being a f**king record soon .

Ooh, I've just thought. I have been working for me sen for 25 years... ad better get off tu't jewelers and get mi sen a gold clock.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 27th June 2019, 7:52 AM

Ooh, I've just thought. I have been working for me sen for 25 years... ad better get off tu't jewelers and get mi sen a gold clock.

That reminds me of the joke I heard on YouTube when I was looking up Dave Evans (Lee Evan's dad) who died recently - he tells the joke very well, but whoever posted the vid., the twat cut the punch line off, but you know what it is.

Only a short vid. but for the joke watch from about 2.05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjL5pXCCk00

My son-in-law is in his first week as a sheriff's deputy in Denver, but he's already making headlines. A 4-foot snake made its way into someone's house and he was tasked with catching it. He cited the late Steve Irwin as his inspiration. :)