Status report Page 6,043

Sixties or seventies, I meant.

I'm currently worrying about all the decent people who are obliged to live, work and/or otherwise move around the blood-soaked streets of Stab City, UK.

In fairness to the scumbags responsible, I acknowledge that one of the people they have murdered in the last day or so was shot, rather than stabbed.

Variety is, as ever, the spice of death.

"Stab City: can we fix it? No we khan't!"

Yes, you Khan. Somebody will get their act together and work on it.
However, farcical that Trump, the king of the kingdom where nutters mow down innocent people with mass shootings, has the cheek to stick his ugly, ignorant nose in.

Quote: Briosaid @ 16th June 2019, 8:35 PM

Yes, you Khan. Somebody will get their act together and work on it.
However, farcical that Trump, the king of the kingdom where nutters mow down innocent people with mass shootings, has the cheek to stick his ugly, ignorant nose in.

And Khan has never criticised Trump?

Quote: Chappers @ 16th June 2019, 9:15 PM

And Khan has never criticised Trump?

For all the mass shootings?

Sadique Khan is a tool because of how he allowed the Trump Blimp which made him seem like he was trying to be down with the kids. Regardless of what the opinion is of Donald Trump he is still the President of the United States and it was disrespectful. Would it have been the same if it was the President of Iran?

Despite his obvious ineptness I don't see how the out of control crime in London falls at the feet of the mayor. A quick once over of the wiki page for the mayor duties in the British Isles is mostly of ceremonial and other related duties and not linked to policing. Maybe his voice has a certain 'weight' when talking to top brass but it doesn't look like there is any official link between mayor and national security. It's not his fault the Met has lost thousands of front line officers in cost cutting and the justice system is regarded as a joke. People who commit serious assaults that require hospital treatment are routinely given suspended prison sentences to avoid adding to the already bloated prison population.

But Trump acts like a big baby,I thought the blimp was quite apt.

Nursing the mother and father of hangovers today. (which is apt as it was father's day that did it)
Gosh, girls can't half drink these days. My two daughters drank me under the table yesterday. Bloody lush's

I've not had a day off work through drink since I was a young un.
Well, I'm in my office trying to do bookwork... but it's not happening.

A strange pub we went in though. Is this a thing now? It was a cashless pub. All drinks paid by tapping your card on the machine. I've not dared look at the damage yet.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 17th June 2019, 10:06 AM

Nursing the mother and father of hangovers today. (which is apt as it was father's day that did it)
Gosh, girls can't half drink these days. My two daughters drank me under the table yesterday. Bloody lush's

I've not had a day off work through drink since I was a young un.
Well, I'm in my office trying to do bookwork... but it's not happening.

A strange pub we went in though. Is this a thing now? It was a cashless pub. All drinks paid by tapping your card on the machine. I've not dared look at the damage yet.

No sympathy (4 years now without alcohol) and they sound like smart cookies your two daughters, as I expect you were doing most, if not all of the "tapping" Laughing out loud

I hope your bank account is healthy. Cool

I live in London and there seems to be a fair amount of coffee shops, cafes and bars becoming cashless. Was told it helps reduce their insurance by quite a lot, don't know what happens if their card machines stop working. I prefer to pay for things like that with cash so I know how much I've spent.

A cashless society might sound like a very good idea but what happens when the system breaks down due either to an innocent technical failure or to a cyber attack?

What happens is that, apart from being unable to pay any ongoing bills, we can't obtain short-term necessities like food for ourselves or fuel for our cars.

In short, we're totally and utterly buggered.

On a more sinister note, what happens when the powers that be decide to persecute someone of whom they disapprove? They simply render his debit/credit cards useless and he is immediately buggered.

Let's keep cash, I say!

I prefer using cash for most purchases I can keep track of what I'm spending if I take out £100 from a cash machine and the next I have £50 left I know I spent £50. Paying by card in a pub to me is a recipe for trouble

Quote: Billygoatscruff @ 17th June 2019, 12:29 PM

Paying by card in a pub to me is a recipe for trouble

As Steve will find out when his head clears, 'xpect. :P

With cash machines charging now I think we should demand to be paid in cash like in the olden days - I mean about 40 years ago. Then stuff it under the mattress.

There was a woman waving a ring about at the check out the other day.Apparently magically it paid her bill.(And perhaps everyone else's in the queue.)