The Lionesses

I know this should be part of the all in one football thread
But can we make an exception in this case.

Just watching a little documentary about them now

Good luck in the rest of the World cup, enjoy the experience and hopefully inspire a new generation

We're ranked 3rd going into the competition, which is promising.

And Scotland are at their first world cup as well so I hope they get the points to get out of their group

Agreed, anyone that can keep a mauling by the Lionesses to 2-1 deserve respect. Mind you America are looking awesome and they don't even have to resort to picking the ball up.

You're asking for trouble from Aaron Steve.

There are some great characters in the England team. I've been watched Karen Carney and Jill Scott for years. Shame about Millie Bright getting injured like that. I think she's great and hopefully she won't be out for long.

No Millie but a bright start.

A friend of mine left two tickets for the final of the Coupe du Monde FĂ©minine de la FooFoo on his car dashboard when he went into Tesco's this afternoon but, when he came out, some bastard had smashed the window and left two more!

I have been surprised at the level of skill on display , I haven't really followed women's football, but having seen bits back in the day I am pleasantly surprised at how much its come on.

Great goal by Jodie Taylor - a typical striker's goal. You hardly knew he was playing until she hit the ball into the net.

England 2 Japan 0

England England have won 3 out of 3 games for the first time ever ! It's coming home, its coming....

England 3 Cameroon 0

Another good result for England but a somewhat unpleasant game from the point of view of player-conduct on the Cameroon side.

Crying, spitting on opponents, refusing to kick-off, disputing the images on VAR, accusing FIFA of racism?

Somebody should tell them that it matters not whether you win or lose: it's how you play the game!

Quote: Chappers @ 14th June 2019, 9:55 PM

Great goal by Jodie Taylor - a typical striker's goal. You hardly knew he was playing until she hit the ball into the net.

F**king trannies are getting in everywhere. Disgusting Angry

Quote: Rood Eye @ 23rd June 2019, 7:37 PM

England 3 Cameroon 0

Another good result for England but a somewhat unpleasant game from the point of view of player-conduct on the Cameroon side.

Crying, spitting on opponents, refusing to kick-off, disputing the images on VAR, accusing FIFA of racism?

Somebody should tell them that it matters not whether you win or lose: it's how you play the game!

This'll go down well - Until they adopt civilisation as the way to live then their sporting endeavours won't be very sporting. I'm talking about half the world, not just Cameroon.

I have tried to watch some bits of these matches but get very bored very quick. It is just not entertaining for me in any way.

Quote: Will Cam @ 23rd June 2019, 8:29 PM

I have tried to watch some bits of these matches but get very bored very quick. It is just not entertaining for me in any way.

You're basically describing all football.

I'm watching England when possible, with the hope they win the trophy.
The results, so far, have been good but the level of performance is relatively poor, e.g. some of the passing and decision making is woeful.

It's a shame the Beeb aren't allowing comments on this event, but I suppose 1) it would make a mockery of their obsession for diversity and 2) they have to wholeheartedly support the one football tournament they (we!) could afford.