Boris in the dock - facing life imprisonment! Page 4

But as this oppressive foreign rule is in fact an alliance of nations and not the half-baked Dad's Army fantasy peddled by right-wing Brexiteers, she's got exactly the right idea.

Quote: beaky @ 8th June 2019, 1:02 PM

But as this oppressive foreign rule is in fact an alliance of nations and not the half-baked Dad's Army fantasy peddled by right-wing Brexiteers, she's got exactly the right idea.

You may indeed be right, beaky.

Sometimes, on BCG, I express my own opinions.

At many other times, however, I see a comedy door lying slightly ajar and simply cannot resist the urge to kick it open! Laughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 8th June 2019, 1:08 PM

At many other times, however, I see a comedy door lying slightly ajar and simply cannot resist the urge to kick it open! Laughing out loud

Be sure to tell us when you finally kick one of those comedy doors open! Laughing out loud

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th June 2019, 8:15 PM

In The Economist's 2018 end-of-the-year awards..... (Boris is) The "politician who has done most to let down his party and country".

Why do we consult experts about our personal health and wealth, then ignore them when its about national health and wealth ? The Economist makes a very valid point about Boris, he completely ignores economic advisers and business leaders in favour of getting power.

Quote: beaky @ 8th June 2019, 11:19 AM

Gina Miller's a breath of fresh air as opposed to windbag Boris's hot air.

She is also a very accomplished business woman, with credible understanding of Economics. Something very few current leading politicians can claim. At a time when we need trade agreements and economic stimulation, again, why do we discount their voice ?

Quote: beaky @ 8th June 2019, 1:02 PM

Hmm, an alliance of nations looking after some nations much better than others. Also the nations with the most power in it just happen to be the nations who liked to wield the most power in centuries past. Adolph Merkel and Napoleon Macron are just regenerations of the old loonies Britain saw off in times gone by. Time to go it alone again, that's where we are best, er, maybe with America helping out.

Quote: Firkin @ 8th June 2019, 1:52 PM

She is also a very accomplished business woman, with credible understanding of Economics.

Yes she know's that in marrying three financiers she'll never be short of money.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 8th June 2019, 1:56 PM

she knows that in marrying three financiers she'll never be short of money.

That's probably why, during her second marital incarnation she was known as Gina "Show me the money" Maguire.

Legal note: she wasn't actually known by that nickname, it's a joke - so please don't go crowdfunding £300,000 to drag me into court for libel!

I'll throw a pound in. Come on crowd. :)

I've been reading rumours about the Peterborough by-election.
It seems something maybe afoot.

Without casting aspersions, the postal vote was unusually high.
Rumours of people who have died in the last year still managing to vote.
And offers of £10 to vote labour.

The Daily Mail have started investigations - and I'd bet others too.
Could be big, could be bullshit

If the Mail's involved, bound to be bullshit.

£10 to risk fraud and/or being booted out of the country you've retired/moved to ? If I take your £10, how do you know which way I've voted ? Bad losers on both sides, I guess.

Quote: Firkin @ 9th June 2019, 1:25 PM

If I take your £10, how do you know which way I've voted ?

As I understand it, every ballot paper has a reference number that links it directly to the voter.

Anybody with sufficient influence with the local powers that be, therefore, can find out exactly how you voted.

Believe me, I wouldn't want to cheat Tariq Mahmood and his gang out of a tenner and have him find out about it!