Rocketman

Has Anyone Seen This Film ?

i have i thought it was ok,but it did portray elton john in a different light for me.
i don't know about everyone else? what did you guys think.

also afew people have been telling me its better than bohemian rhapsody which is Bollocks.

Yeah I loved it, much better than Bohemian Rhapsody. Rocketman felt like the film Rhapsody should have been. Not sanitised and not afraid to go to some pretty dark places. As well as that, the fantasy elements really elevated it, the Crocodile Rock sequence was something special, as was the centrepiece of Rocketman itself. Jamie Bell's was the performance I enjoyed most, I felt he and Egerton really had a nice, natural chemistry. The ending was somewhat saccharine but by that point I was so invested I didn't mind.

It was ok as a story and as an opportunity to hear some of his better (ie pre-1976) songs again but one has to query its authenticity. Basically the film was a convenient vehicle for Elton John to even a score and avenge perceived wrongs done to him over the course of his life, particularly by his father and by John Reid and, to a lesser extent, by his mother and by Bernie Taupin.

The songs were featured incorrectly chronologically (eg "Daniel" being sung at the initial interview with Dick James and "Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting" sung in a pub by an adolescent Elton John). While the makers of the film may have claimed that that was "artistic licence", the question is "why?" and what else was not true to fact?