America's Got Magical Talent!

I'm sure a number of BCG members have Netflix or, if not, some other way to access "America's Got Talent".

I've just watched the first show of Season 14 and, quite early on, there's a young Taiwanese magician called Eric who, while seated at a small table, does close-up magic that I can only describe as the closest thing to real magic I've ever seen in my life - and, believe me, I've seen plenty of magic acts.

If this guy doesn't blow your mind, nothing will! :O

If I had Netflix I wouldn't bother with America's got talent. I don't even watch Britain's got talent.

He was something special. I find close up and card tricks mundane, but he brought wow factor. Especially when Shin Lin recently won the competition with a very similar act, this new guy did well to sparkle.

After such a fulsome recommendation, I watched the segment. I have no idea how good previous AGT/BGT magicians have been but this was briliant. And a very likeable self-effacing stage personality.

It seems they no longer do it with mirrors but with different wavelengths of light!

It's on YouTube.
And it's effing brilliant.
Incredible skill.
Thanks for the recommend.

Quote: Lazzard @ 6th June 2019, 2:43 PM

It's on YouTube.
And it's effing brilliant.
Incredible skill.
Thanks for the recommend.

You're very welcome, Laz.

Here's the relevant link: Eric appears at 14.58.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl9q1qbDSHo

F**k me Rood Eye, that guy was f**king brilliant. How the f**k did his shirt change colour?

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th June 2019, 9:49 PM

F**k me Rood Eye, that guy was f**king brilliant. How the f**k did his shirt change colour?

I strongly suspect he's a genuine magician using genuine magic! :O

Quote: Will Cam @ 6th June 2019, 9:49 PM

Play it back.
Slowly.
He reaches beneath the table and pulls away what is obviously the front layer of the waistcoat.
The rest of it is all palming - but done to an extraordinarily high level.

The waistcoat and palming concepts have been around a long time, but the clever bit is how he distracted us from his torso, by lurching forwards trying to catch a card, which would also trigger the elastic mechanism that pulled the façade under the table. That's confidence.

The newer stuff he did I presume involved light diffraction. I don't think he would fool Pen and Teller, but he would certainly wow them. As you say, he did it all to perfection. I loved the way he look completely surprised and bemused about what was happening.

Oh well. Against my better judgement maybe I will have a look.