Not Going Out - Series 10 Page 8

I see what you did there (x2).

Back on topic, I find NGO (other than series 1) charmless.

Has another sitcom ever been renewed for three more series in one recommission before? Anyway this will take it up to thirteen series and the third longest running British sitcom ever behind ChuckleVision and Last of the Summer Wine.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/5348/more_series_of_not_going_out/

Delighted that there will be three more series of the show. Very funny and the last series was more the best for some years

Three more series of this crap?????

Quote: gb901 @ 7th June 2019, 5:56 PM

Three more series of this crap?????

I see your point but lots of people (and several trillion flies) are very fond of crap.

A bit strange but also quite a bit of pressure on Lee to come up with the goods.

"Halloween Special" on Wednesday night @ 10.35.

I do love Not Going Out. But. That was very, very poor. It's amazing how the lack of laugh track makes the gags feel flat and the trouble was there weren't enough big laughs but at the same time it wasn't scary enough to justify its existence, with a plot that might have looked dated in the 70s.

I agree the lack of laughter track left some jokes hanging, but disagree otherwise. I really enjoyed it and continued to laugh out loud and enjoyed throughout.

I watched 10 minutes of it.

Visually, it was very good indeed but the jokes were CBeebies material.

Mind you, there's a very good reason for that.

I just watched it and really enjoyed it. I didn't need to be told when to laugh.

Quote: Chappers @ 31st October 2019, 11:19 PM

I just watched it and really enjoyed it. I didn't need to be told when to laugh.

I'm surprised you find anything to laugh about as it's wandered so far away from its original idea and turned into a comedic painting by numbers and lost the plot years ago, about 3/4 years when I stopped watching.

I find this endless series of gags and set-up lines infuriating. Mack's great in Would I Lie to You, but this sitcom's dreadful.