The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 697

Right up.

Anyone wanting to watch either of this week's european finals, the games are free to view on youtube.com/btsport

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th May 2019, 8:03 PM

Anyone wanting to watch either of this week's european finals, the games are free to view on youtube.com/btsport

Got it already as a subscriber, but thanks. Giroud's shot after 39 mins the first bit of excitement. Pretty lacklustre so far.

You were saying...

Laughing out loud

Maybe they heard me.

Will Martin Keown do a Gary Neville?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 29th May 2019, 8:03 PM

Someone told me that but I went to a mate's house to watch the Arse getting wiped!

Congrats to Liverpool for winning a sixth European cup
well deserved.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 3rd June 2019, 10:34 AM

Congrats to Liverpool for winning a sixth European cup
well deserved.

And I'm sure the Manure supporters are joining in with the congratulations.

Anyway come on the girls, sorry ladies, sorry women!

Just seen a Carphone warehouse advert on TV featuring Peter Crouch. As he's played for so many clubs his shirt changes every scene.

Just watched France v Nigeria in the Women's World Cup and I'm dreading the introduction of VAR in the league.

France had a penalty awarded by VAR. The player stepped up and missed. However the goalie had moved fractionally before the ball was kicked - and a retake was awarded - again by VAR. OK fair enough - maybe - but then the goalie was yellow carded because of it which seemed a bit harsh. Also because of all the delays there was 8 minutes of stoppage time.

The true problem with VAR will come when a club is relegated and the lawyers step in and say that they have video evidence that suggests the club was robbed in a game. That may sound far fetched but ask any relegated club if they would pursue that as an option in order to stay in the Premier and they jump at it. So then we'll be leaving matches saying things like 'Great game I hope we keep the result after the court case'

Sunday papers:
Chelsea v Arsenal Result pending
Man U V Liverpool Result pending
etc

The thing I love about VAR is that it won't give you a favourable decision in exchange for a gold Rolex.

Lineker tweeted "One of us" when Michel Platini was accused of corruption. Does that mean that Lineker is guilty of corruption too?

I would post this on the BBC 'have your say' but the Beeb don't want anything negative spoken about the tournament so they don't allow comments!
Just watching Netherlands v Japan in Women's World Cup.
The Dutch have been given a penalty for handball.
Well if that is what FIFA now consider handball then the game I grew up with and love is well and truly f**ked!
What is just as annoying is that the commentator and summarises are just blindly accepting it because 'it's the rules'.
What the f**k was the Japanese player supposed to do with her arm when the ball was pinging about and the snap shot was fired no more than 3 yards from her.
This nonsense will cause murders in the top Mens leagues across Europe.
It's just... wrong!