BCG Only Connect Page 34

And they said mine was bad... :D

To address Herc's last post:

I said every clue is intended to bring to mind a single word but that wasn't to suggest that the connection I was looking for was another single word. I added that the four individual words produced by the clues should be looked at together in order to arrive at the connection.

You didn't address this one though.................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st May 2019, 9:27 AM

Quite chipper till I read that and has set me up for the day! :( You certainly know how to endear yourself to people. ;)

Are you in HR?

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 31st May 2019, 12:20 PM

And they said mine was bad... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRNy61Zy3Mc

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 31st May 2019, 9:27 AM

Are you in HR?

My career in HR came to an abrupt end the day I told a mixed group of job applicants that the women in our company fell broadly into two groups: those with zero tolerance for sexual harassment and those who wanted promotion.

Delaware Perry Como song

It's virtually impossible to guess the connection from the first clue of an OC puzzle and so I hope another one will be coming along fairly quickly.

In the meantime, I'll have a go at "Vicious" (ITV sitcom).

'Just William' characters

Quote: Rood Eye @ 1st June 2019, 8:12 AM

It's virtually impossible to guess the connection from the first clue of an OC puzzle and so I hope another one will be coming along fairly quickly.

It's been done on here and is done regularly on Only Connect, and they don't have Google! Cool

Simpson
Worth
Clanton
McDonald
Whats the connection

Herc is yours about edible flowers common to the UK ? The Daisy and the Violet, with maybe a Rose coming up ?

Is the answer Hyacinth? The sisters in Keeping Up Appearances. I thought Violet was the eldest.

If so, Rose is third.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st June 2019, 11:38 AM

Is the answer Hyacinth? The sisters in Keeping Up Appearances. I thought Violet was the eldest.

If so, Rose is third.

I'm pretty sure you've nailed it, Paul.

I think Herc is looking for a connection rather than a sequence and, if so, the answer is indeed "Keeping Up Appearances".

Well spotted!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 1st June 2019, 11:38 AM

If so, Rose is third.

Yes, well done Paul! I didn't think it would last long and Rood is correct it wasn't a sequence - I would have said as much if it had been. ;)

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 1st June 2019, 10:42 AM

Simpson
Worth
Clanton
McDonald
Whats the connection

Based purely on one name - Wild West outlaws, but that seems too easy,