BCG Only Connect Page 30

Did I kill the thread?
I do that ya know.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th May 2019, 7:53 PM

Did I kill the thread?

Er...............
Whistling nnocently

..................I think whereas your brilliant "reverse word" made everyone smile, this one was...........well er,...........a little bit of a disappointment. I won't elaborate on that as I know Yorkshiremen are easily upset and prone to bursting out emotionally. Rolling eyes

"The Yorkshire Steam Railway: All Aboard" is very good you know, that which I have posted abart elsewhere. :)

Have people given up my "What comes fourth"?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th May 2019, 5:51 PM

Have people given up my "What comes fourth"?

My guess is that many people failed to understand the question.

When I first saw it, I assumed that you've written guesses at what the first three pictures of Stephen's puzzle represented and that you were then asking what the fourth clue was going to be.

Looking back at it, after having read your question "Have people given up?" I now realise it might be an independent puzzle.

Even so, I'm not quite sure whether the word "no?" is part of the second clue and whether the words "second edit" are part of the third.

It's also not clear whether the puzzle is based on connections or a sequence.

I did start with "What come fourth?" That " No? " and "Second edit" were added later. I'll tell you in about an hour or so.

Thanks for the clarification.

I believe the answer is "Totorum".

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 26th May 2019, 7:25 PM

I did start with "What come fourth?" That " No? " and "Second edit" were added later. I'll tell you in about an hour or so.

:|

Quote: Rood Eye @ 26th May 2019, 7:45 PM

Thanks for the clarification.

I believe the answer is "Totorum".

Sorry, yes. Well done.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 27th May 2019, 5:34 AM

Sorry, yes. Well done.

Eh?

See, you thought I was bad.

Eeee lad, dunt tek t'eart, thee didst reet good'un t'earlier.

Paul's puzzle was essentially:

What comes fourth in the following list?

1. Aquarium.

2. Compendium.

3. Laudanum.

The first three words are the names of three of the four encampments surrounding the village in which Asterix lives.

The fourth encampment is Totarum.

I like it! Well done Paul, and that too has gone in my 2020 OC folder.........................now to find one that cannot be Googled. Geek

OK.................pick the bones out of this f**ker, or Google it...................

1/. Mrs.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th May 2019, 12:15 PM

1/. Mrs.

Is it words that appear in the titles of Simon and Garfunkel songs?