Talent?

My co-writer and I have for some time been concerned that talented writers may be being ignored to the benefit of those less talented but more 'pc'.
However, my co-writer has just been registered as disabled (justifiably unfortunately) and acquired a blue badge plus after two operations in quick succession I am currently touch and go regarding saving the sight in my right eye so we may have a lot of potential going forward.

I hope, most sincerely, that the two operations prove successful.

I think, at this relatively early post-operative stage, the only people who can tastefully joke about the problems you mention are you and your writing partner.

Accordingly, I'm going to let three or four excellent quips that have just popped into my mind go completely to waste.

I'm not even going to use the pirate emoji.

I hope everything turns out fine for you.

The serious nature of the afflictions for you and your writing partner apart, I like the fact you can make light of this and find humour in the pain. (Isn't it said that comedy is truth and pain?) I am going to go there and say, that in this new era of PC & Diversity, both of you have been promoted! Just make sure you tick the right disability boxes when you fill out the numerous diversity questionnaires that you will be given at the same time your submit your scripts.

Now the big question for me is whether Mental Health issues qualify? I have been afflicted with this horrible issue for many years and had my worst episode five months ago. Luckily I was saved at the 11th hour by intervening circumstances and very caring people. Now that I am back on the road to righteousness, my thinking turns to how I can use this to my advantage. Surely there has to be a box I can tick so that I get special treatment?

Whistling nnocently

Def.

Quote: Deferenz @ 24th May 2019, 2:35 PM

Now the big question for me is whether Mental Health issues qualify?

Def.

You'd be mad to think not!