The all in one consolidated RIP thread Page 25

Quote: DaButt @ 4th March 2019, 6:43 PM

It's the zip (postal) code for Beverly Hills.

Thank you, that explains it.

If the sitcom "W1A" is ever exported to the USA, I wonder how many Americans will realise that it is the first half of the postcode for the BBC's London headquarters? :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 4th March 2019, 6:37 PM

To this day, I still don't know what the number 90210 refers to.

I thought that was the name of a Yes album.

(I didn't really)

Quote: DaButt @ 4th March 2019, 6:13 PM

Luke Perry (actor) passed away at age 52. Did 90210 air in the UK? It was huge here.

90210 was massive in Australia. Imagine a bratty version of Friends without any jokes. I remember when Luke Perry appeared in Oz (HBO's grim, gritty prison drama) years later and the cast encouraged him to get his cock out for filming, and he did, even though it was a pencil dick. I was pretty surprised.

Magenta Devine has died. I always found her very sexy and mysterious with the ever present shades.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-47473388

Quote: Chappers @ 6th March 2019, 5:00 PM

Magenta Devine has died.

She was only 61.

Still a girl really.

Well, almost.

Stand-up comedian Ian Cognito, who won the Time Out Award for Stand-Up Comedy in 1999 died last night (literally!) onstage in Bicester.

Apparently, he sat on a chair onstage and simply departed this life.

The audience, predictably, thought it was part of the act but became concerned after five minutes of total silence and inactivity.

Few people outside the world of comedy were ever aware of his name, mainly because he wasn't the sort of comedian who could be relied upon to keep his act within acceptable norms on TV and radio.

He was certainly a hellraiser and an iconoclast but I think comedy insiders would agree that he is perhaps best summed up as a "f***ing legend".

RIP Ian.

Quote: Kenneth @ 6th March 2019, 10:27 AM

90210 was massive in Australia. Imagine a bratty version of Friends without any jokes. I remember when Luke Perry appeared in Oz (HBO's grim, gritty prison drama) years later and the cast encouraged him to get his cock out for filming, and he did, even though it was a pencil dick. I was pretty surprised.

I remember watching Beverly Hills 90210 for quite a while, then just became too busy, after filling my home with children and pets etc. I would have been early twenties, so it wasn't something I watched with my kids, or anything. I honestly remember really enjoying the earlier years. Looking back at the various storylines involved, I'm sure I would find it very cheesy and irritating at my age, but was still sad to hear Luke Perry had died. Losses like this kinda remind you how far back the memories you share with your own generation actually reach.

I always liked Ian Cognito's joke that went...
Say what you want about paedophiles but they always drive slow past schools
Rip

Rex Garrod RIP.
(Who?)

Hasn't been on TV for many a moon now but was the ultimate "man in a shed" nutty inventor and a few years back dominated Robot Wars with his ground breaking and often copied lethal Cassius.

Also co-hosted a brilliant series with Tim Hunkin in Channel 4's The Secret Life of Machines way back in the late 1980s - I wished they would repeat them as they were fascinating!! **

"Local Lad" to me near Constable Country - he was a Suffolk Bor so yes, RIP Mr Garrod, you gave us many happy hours of fun TV viewing.

Also built this amongst other things: -

**EDIT
Seems that some nice soul has put them all (?) on YouTube, and this was one of my favourites: - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOULWR4h4Io&list=PLDA5506DA4A2D4A7D&index=19

Doris Day has died at the age of 97.

Pretty as a picture and (to the best of my knowledge) as pure as the driven snow.

A rare gem in the cesspool that was - and indeed is - Hollywood.

Sad. :(

And as many a person in Hollywood said "I knew her before she was a virgin"

Great animal lover too, which she devoted most of her life to. RIP

RIP The Chortle Forum, I just moseyed on over to check out what they were talking about and found it gone. Apparently it was closed down three years ago. A sobering reminder of the transitory nature of existence.

Andrew Hall, the older brother in Butterflies. Age 65. After a short illness.

Jake Black of the country and acid house band "The Alabama 3", has died.

Jake was born in Glasgow, and his band was born in Brixton.

Never heard of him or his band? Possibly not but it's highly likely you've heard them perform.

Their self-penned and performed "Woke up this morning" was played over the opening credits of possibly the greatest TV series in the history of the world - "The Sopranos".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxSUKA--Dg

Quote: Rood Eye @ 22nd May 2019, 10:18 PM

Jake Black of the country and acid house band "The Alabama 3", has died.

Jake was born in Glasgow, and his band was born in Brixton.

Never heard of him or his band? Possibly not but it's highly likely you've heard them perform.

Their self-penned and performed "Woke up this morning" was played over the opening credits of possibly the greatest TV series in the history of the world - "The Sopranos".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLxSUKA--Dg

Never seen the Sopranos.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 22nd May 2019, 9:53 PM

Andrew Hall, the older brother in Butterflies. Age 65. After a short illness.

Whatever happened to him career-wise. He always seemed much better looking and switched on than Nicholas Lyndhurst.