Status report Page 6,041

Oi! Less about OAPs and crotchet. I love doing crotchet.
As regards Jimmy Saville (there, I've said the forbidden name) I remember years ago wishing I could go on his programme, 'Jim'll fix it' to get driving round the Arc 're Triomph,' now that's a challenge I'd love to face.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 5th May 2019, 5:36 PM

Of course it was now I remember! It sounded like something Jeremy would do. They could have done the same roller coaster challenge every week. Group of OAPs have to try and Crochet or team of quizzers have to do a crossword puzzle. The possibilities are endless.

Sounds a riot - :P send it up to DecAnt. Can't be any worse than ITV is now on a Sat. night.

Quote: Briosaid @ 5th May 2019, 7:43 PM

That's a musical note! Or do you mean being crotchety?

Quote: Briosaid @ 3rd May 2019, 10:26 PM

Pissed off. Still recovering from one hernia and now I discover there's another one..That's what I get for climbing trees and turning cartwheels at my age.

I had a hernia operation in December, a cataract op last Tuesday and Wednesday went to A & E with Gall Bladder trouble.

Incidentally my heartbeat plummetted from 88 to 40 when I was given anaesthetic for the cataract op.

Quote: Chappers @ 6th May 2019, 5:58 PM

I had a hernia operation in December, a cataract op last Tuesday and Wednesday went to A & E with Gall Bladder trouble.

Incidentally my heartbeat plummetted from 88 to 40 when I was given anaesthetic for the cataract op.

You win! A consignment of enemas is winging its way to you.

Quote: Briosaid @ 5th May 2019, 7:43 PM

As regards Jimmy Saville (there, I've said the forbidden name) I remember years ago wishing I could go on his programme, 'Jim'll fix it' to get driving round the Arc 're Triomph,' now that's a challenge I'd love to face.

:D I wasn't knocking crochet and just saying it doesn't look like something that could be done on a moving roller coaster. I'm thinking of trying it out and making myself a scarf for when Autumn comes. I've not done it before but I imagine a scarf is suitable for a novice.

Back to work tomorrow after a week off which is always depressing but in the morning I have an Escape Room challenge as a team building exercise. You're all locked in a room and have 60 minutes to work out different clues and get the key. Similar to how Crystal Maze worked so should be a good craic.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 7th May 2019, 4:18 PM

:D I wasn't knocking crochet and just saying it doesn't look like something that could be done on a moving roller coaster. I'm thinking of trying it out and making myself a scarf for when Autumn comes. I've not done it before but I imagine a scarf is suitable for a novice.

Crochet is great fun. I haven't done much lately but in the past, apart from jumpers, I've ma?e many dresses, a coat, and a suit - crochet clothes were a great 60s/70s thing. My most recent effort was a couple of multi-coloured cushion covers for a play we were doing.

The great advantage is that the work develops a lot more quickly. However, unlike knitting where you can read a book or watch tv without needing to look at what you're doing, you usually need to look at your crochet work.

A scarf sounds like a good idea to start with. My mother taught me to crochet but I also have an ancient booklet with all the different stitches. Nowadays you'd probably get instructions on the internet.

Oh crochet! I thought it was something musical - or old and grumpy.

Nice to see Kevin Smith on the front of the BCG today (whom I like a lot, especially his film Red State). Although he does think critics are parasitic, so I dread to think what he'd make of a forum teeming with comedy critics.

Just nodding off in bed...and son whatsapps me to say he's auditioning for The Voice in Canterbury this week...twice...at two different venues. Surely they'll notice.

For reasons I won't bore you with, I managed to burn a very large piece of silverside tonight. The silverside is in the bin and the pot is in the sink but may not be saveable. Don't want to think of the cost of the meat plus possibly a new pot. First time I've done this. :(

Quote: Briosaid @ 23rd May 2019, 11:41 PM

For reasons I won't bore you with, I managed to burn a very large piece of silverside tonight. The silverside is in the bin and the pot is in the sink but may not be saveable. Don't want to think of the cost of the meat plus possibly a new pot. First time I've done this. :(

Surely beggars can't be choosers. You should've just (wo)manned up and ate it. You must be exaggerating this Scotch poverty.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th May 2019, 9:45 PM

Surely beggars can't be choosers. You should've just (wo)manned up and ate it. You must be exaggerating this Scotch poverty.

It probably cost about a tenner. However, amazingly the pot has survived totally unscathed

Now living in the paradise that is Kintyre. Sun, sea and countryside. Why the Hell would anybody go to Spain?

Why do you want to live in a 'kin' tyre?