Ghosts - Series 1 Page 11

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 14th May 2019, 10:05 AM

You mean Kitty.

I don't wish to invest so much into watching this rubbish that I actually remember characters names!

I'd never have watched something like this, however, a pal of mine insisted.

I quite enjoyed it. Not bad. Give it a chance.

Lolly Adefope is not funny and so far, I do not see the point in her character.

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 18th May 2019, 5:43 PM

I think the point in her character is that a black female ghost (whether funny or not) ticks boxes for the diversity quota.

With regard to her comedic talents (be they great, small or absolutely non-existent), the fact of the matter is that, in this modern day and age, if she identifies as "talented" she must be treated by one and all - and that, of course, includes employers and industry peers - as if she really is talented.

I suppose we must be grateful that she doesn't identify as a slim, white, tremendously talented male comedian.

If she did, you can bet your bottom dollar she'd have beaten Steve Coogan to the role of Stan Laurel.

I can tell you one thing for certain about Lolly: somebody up there likes her - a lot!

My family including my 11 year old absolutely LOVE GHOSTS and we so look forward to Monday nights!!
We really hope they will run another series, as it's so well done! Always a surprise around the corner, one never knows what's going to happen next. Hats off to Mathew Baynton and all of the team!! It's brilliant!!!

Lots of families with kids loving this. Maybe this'll prompt the Beeb to put the whole of CBeebies on at 9.30pm instead of 4.30 or whatever it is.

I think it would be great in that old Sunday late afternoon Worzel Gummidge/Merlin slot.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th May 2019, 9:23 AM

I think it would be great in that old Sunday late afternoon Worzel Gummidge/Merlin slot.

I'm wondering about swearing and sexual references. I mean...I'm happy to sit with my daughter and watch it, but would other (more responsible :-/) parents allow their kids to watch this, with the worry they might hear, see or find out about something they're not ready for? My daughter is 9, but the dedicated children's channels cater for kids much younger. I see what you're saying, as Worzel had quite a few naughty little moments that would have gone over a child's head, whilst still amusing the adults. I still think Ghosts is perfectly aimed at puerile adults. I am definitely one of them. So...unless you want it shoved right in the middle of peak evening viewing, it's best left where it is, I think. Then, it's up to parents to decide if they want to allow their kids to watch it with them on catch-up.

Quote: Lazzard @ 20th May 2019, 9:23 AM

Do those slots still exist? I get the impression there are very few slots available to mainstream comedy nowadays.

Quote: chipolata @ 20th May 2019, 11:54 AM

Do those slots still exist?

Maybe not, but what a lovely time that was as Mummy got the tea and Monday looming was still a little way off. :)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 20th May 2019, 10:48 AM

I still think Ghosts is perfectly aimed at puerile adults. I am definitely one of them.

Me too!

Sleepy

Thank goodness that CBBC rubbish is over and hopefully never to return!
And why exactly were the two WW2 Luftwaffe crew sitting in mid air?

Quote: Tommy Griff @ 18th May 2019, 5:43 PM

I'd never have watched something like this, however, a pal of mine insisted.

I quite enjoyed it. Not bad. Give it a chance.

You're not wrong re the painfully unfunny Adefope.

I enjoyed this series a lot. Charlotte Ritchie has a wonderful performance of facial expressions.
Some character points were a little frustrating at times, but lots of silly gags made up for it. Expecting and looking forward to a Series 2.

Quote: Aaron @ 21st May 2019, 12:42 AM

Expecting and looking forward to a Series 2.

At Sunday tea time (while Mummy gets it ready) as suggested by Lazzard........................for the kiddywinks.

"As the hilarious series from the people behind Horrible Histories and Yonderland comes to a close" - is this reviewer from the guardian getting a backhander? It was anything but "hilarious"!