Not Going Out - Series 10 Page 6

Yesterday's might have been the worst in the series history. Sone seriously laboured gags. But the thing is there are always some great ones in between the duff no matter what the episode.

Wasn't exactly enthralled by tonight's episode, if I'm honest.

Not Going Out is definitely a shadow of its former self though, isn't it? I mean it's still watchable but nowhere near to the high standard of the earlier series.

Quote: G180e @ 13th May 2019, 9:49 PM

Wasn't exactly enthralled by tonight's episode, if I'm honest.

Not Going Out is definitely a shadow of its former self though, isn't it? I mean it's still watchable but nowhere near to the high standard of the earlier series.

Yeah. They've certainly made Lee more annoying than he used to be.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: when the BBC decide that a particular writer and/or performer is going to have their work broadcast on TV regardless of how shite that writer or performer may be, that writer and/or performer will be rammed down the public's throats until kingdom come and, because the licence fee is not a voluntary payment, there is absolutely sweet f*** all the public can do about it.

PS. I'm not talking about Lee Mack.

Really interesting episode this week. Didn't play quite so much on the aspects of the show that I love, but I thoroughly enjoyed it and was pleased to see something different.

I can't believe this drivel is still on the TV. Lee Mack is too old now and every aspect of it is over laboured and tired. You can bet the BBC will keep on making it till Lee is nearly 60, because they have nothing better to put on these days. Should have stopped after Tim Vine left.

Quote: tonecapone @ 20th May 2019, 12:36 AM

I can't believe this drivel is still on the TV. Lee Mack is too old now and every aspect of it is over laboured and tired. You can bet the BBC will keep on making it till Lee is nearly 60, because they have nothing better to put on these days. Should have stopped after Tim Vine left.

Couldn't agree more, especially regarding Tim Vine. Laboured and predictable. It was similar with Frasier - once Niles had got into Daphne's pants the frisson had gone. :P

That was unfortunately weak. I've liked most of the series quite a bit but found this episode tedious for the most part, it was like the first episode but worse with them all there going back and forth with minimal payoff. If they had to only make six instead of seven it would be the obvious one to cut.

I actually liked this week's much more, I laughed quite a few times (though the second the case was reintroduced I knew exactly how it would end, but it just about worked)

In my opinion this series has been excellent. The best two episodes by far being the the parachute jump and the vase.

I also like (and apologies if I've said this before) that each character that leaves isn't directly replaced by another, but it's done in a slow way so you get used to the new character. I also love Tim Vine in it, but you have to admit Hugh Dennis has been excellent in his role.

Quote: TonyT @ 27th May 2019, 2:37 PM

In my opinion this series has been excellent. The best two episodes by far being the the parachute jump and the vase.

I also like (and apologies if I've said this before) that each character that leaves isn't directly replaced by another, but it's done in a slow way so you get used to the new character. I also love Tim Vine in it, but you have to admit Hugh Dennis has been excellent in his role.

I would never say it was the best series and the 2 episodes to my mind were the weakest but it's still better than most sitcoms currently on TV - apart of course from Warren and Ghosts.

Just to clarify, I meant the best two episodes of the current series, not of the whole programme, though they are up there.

Quote: TonyT @ 27th May 2019, 8:46 PM

Just to clarify, I meant the best two episodes of the current series, not of the whole programme, though they are up there.

I know what you meant and that's what I disagreed with.

Fair point :)

Well the series went out on a whimper it's sad to say, with a plot lifted almost entirely from Fawlty Towers (I did enjoy Lee finally snapping at the end though).