Mum Page 4

Her mother is an annoying person. Is any more explanation necessary?

Annoying..... She is cruel and a bully.
Beautifully played by Tanya Franks

Kelly's relationship with her mother is abusive, from her mother's side. Hence Kelly's love for Cathy, the mother she wishes she had.

Quote: Chris Hallam @ 16th March 2018, 12:56 PM

Her mother is an annoying person. Is any more explanation necessary?

There appears to be a repeated dynamics through out. Self centred parents with insecure children. So Kelly, the Goth and Mum's brother are all insecure, and all three have very self centred bullying parents. Mum's Mum still has something to reveal, at a guess.

It would be fun to see Kelly's and the Goth's mother go head to head, so far they've ignored each other. I would expect them to become competitive, lock horns at some point. My money would be on Kelly's Mum. Dorothy Atkinson and Kelly are the two stand out performances for me. This is great stuff.
:D

So, thoughts on the finale? My word Stefan Golaszewski is a bit good isn't he? Another Bafta will be coming his way, or at least it better had! I must watch Him and Her at some point.

Subtle and excellent finale.
Loved the son in the garden watching them hold hands.

Him and Her you must watch.

It's nice they are getting into the depths of the Michael and Kathy relationship now. It has been a bit dragged out for a while but the last few episodes have been really good. The acting in this is fantastic, direction too. Just a lovely show. It's coming to its natural end so enjoy it while it lasts. Final series to come...

Thought this was the best new comedy I've seen in ages. Missed the first series and caught it up when 2nd started.

Brilliant, script, acting, direction and shooting.

Kelly is just superb although so too are all the others and the layers of depth, poignancy and comedy in the writing are fantastic, skilfully handled and realised by everyone involved.

Bravo BBC! Bravo...

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 27th March 2018, 11:37 PM

So, thoughts on the finale? My word Stefan Golaszewski is a bit good isn't he?

No, he can't write.

The new series really is brilliant. I found it quite satisfying as a finale, in addition to its usual charm and pathos. Laughed a fair bit too

Love it, love it, love it!

"Mum" is, and has been since the very first episode, one of the best things on TV.

The interactions between Cathy and the none-too-bright Kelly are beautifully written, beautifully acted and, in short, solid gold!

I'm catching up on series 2 and I'm finding much humour. I'm actually laughing, which in itself is unusual.

Superbly written and observed with some sublime acting.

"No, he can't write."

Nonsense. He's a brilliant writer.