What DVD are you watching? Page 34

Just watched the second film of "hilarious comedies" in a box set of 1950s British films from Network, which was called Into The Blue starring Michael Wilding.

Now some of you might know that my wife and I love British B&W films of the pre- and post-WWII period and this is the reason my son bought us this small box set for Christmas, which we have only just now got around to watching.

The first one we watched Happy Is The Bride was very watchable with some great British actors of note, BUT this Into The Blue is without doubt one of the biggest load of tosh I have seen in a long time.

"Hilarious comedy" - I THINK NOT!!

I lost the will to live after about 20 minutes and if I had been watching it at the cinema when it was released would have walked out half way through and asked for my money back!

I just read that Walt Disney won 26 Oscars. That's more than me.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 25th June 2019, 5:33 PM

I just read that Walt Disney won 26 Oscars. That's more than me.

The gap between Walt Disney and your good self, Michael, may be wider than you think.

As I understand it, Disney won 32 Oscars.

But don't be sad (as Meat Loaf once sang), you've seen the Spice Girls - and Walt never did!

Take that, Walt Disney! Laughing out loud

Walt Disney was a c**t who treated his staff like shit

F**k him

Yeah you heard me right - f**k him

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th June 2019, 6:19 PM

Take that, Walt Disney! Laughing out loud

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud.......................................:|

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd April 2018, 9:20 PM

Just watched my Philadelphia DVD .

In the words of Jimmy Carr, I don't approve but I admire your honesty.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 25th June 2019, 6:19 PM

The gap between Walt Disney and your good self, Michael, may be wider than you think.

Contest to find the world's most hirsute pubis. I won by a hair.

Are You Being Served?

I've avoided this like the plague for years. I always thought it would be too 70s, too Carry On.

But I flippin love it!

Great silly humour and a great cast.

The DVD of the original BBC coverage of the 1962 FA Cup Final. Tottenham v Burnley. Commentator Kenneth Wolstenholme. No replays of goals or other crucial moments.

I do actually remember watching that on the TV.At a friend's house,his mother was from Burnley.
I thought it was quite boring ,I think, and feigned enthusiasm just to be matey.

Quote: john tregorran @ 29th January 2020, 8:38 PM

I do actually remember watching that on the TV.At a friend's house,his mother was from Burnley.
I thought it was quite boring ,I think, and feigned enthusiasm just to be matey.

My father came from Tottenham and all his family were naturally Spurs supporters. We went over to my aunt & uncle's in Tottenham to watch the match with the family and, en-route, at Waterloo station, the self-styled Prince Monolulu ("I Gotta Horse") was travelling somewhere, spotted me wearing my Tottenham colours and came over to speak to me. A rather unnerving, but nevertheless unforgettable, experience for an 8 year old!

:)

I am watching Survivors. 1970s series. Watched first episode last night.

Quote: BTF @ 30th January 2020, 7:41 AM

I am watching Survivors. 1970s series. Watched first episode last night.

Love that first series. Brilliantly grim.

Quote: chipolata @ 30th January 2020, 9:46 AM

Love that first series. Brilliantly grim.

Definitely.