I read the news today oh boy! Page 2,041

Anybody who was not moved by this on the news this morning must have a heart of stone, it certainly broke me up. Teary

This little boy was not expected to live for more than a week...............................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-48258777

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2019, 9:51 AM

Anybody who was not moved by this on the news this morning must have a heart of stone, it certainly broke me up. Teary

This little boy was not expected to live for more than a week...............................

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-48258777

Very sad.

Quote: Firkin @ 14th May 2019, 8:49 AM

The irony is that Jeremy Kyle shouts at his contestants to tell them shouting is bad. He fits a similar offender profile to half his guests and presents as if he's offering them Therapy ! It's bair bating with the mentally ill. Its scary how popular it is and how long it's run. Even when Kyle divorced, it didn't stop him dishing out relationship advice. I think he should now present a program on how to live alone, advising on the best micro meals for one and tips on how to argue with yourself.

I couldn't stand it either. It was always on in my Greek Cypriot barber's shop when I was getting my barnet done and the Turkish ones on the corner were sticking glue in her door locks. It was clear that the programme was being used by her as a form of deterrence. Fair enough but it wasn't working and it wasn't as if she didn't have a drawer full of knives.

Kyle appeared to discriminate against the over 90s who were never on his programme. Furthermore, he never presented the working classes as normal people who just got their bikes on to cobbled streets so as to buy a loaf of bread, accompanied by Going Home from Dvorak's New World Symphony. No one on the show did the pools or collected q-pons. Pigeon ownership substantially declined during its duration and the whippet has now become virtually extinct.

But it wasn't only that.

He always shied away from difficult topics like siamese twins, the bearded lady, the tattooed cripple and all the modern day elephant men. He could have done more in that respect for animal free circuses. Also, if he hadn't been such a distraction, bare knuckled cage fighting would have been the world's biggest sport now on pay-for-view under which western economies would be thriving. So yes, less chat on future daytime TV, methinks, and more blood sport to maximise profit margins. It shouldn't be only for/about the adults. Give the kids something on their school holidays they can enjoy.

Hey.... He wor a great baker, my dad

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th May 2019, 6:14 PM

Hey.... He wor a great baker, my dad

:)

Quote: A Horseradish @ 14th May 2019, 6:09 PM

I couldn't stand it either. It was always on in my Greek Cypriot barber's shop when I was getting my barnet done and the Turkish ones on the corner were sticking glue in her door locks. It was clear that the programme was being used by her as a form of deterrence. Fair enough but it wasn't working and it wasn't as if she didn't have a drawer full of knives.

Kyle appeared to discriminate against the over 90s who were never on his programme. Furthermore, he never presented the working classes as normal people who just got their bikes on to cobbled streets so as to buy a loaf of bread, accompanied by Going Home from Dvorak's New World Symphony. No one on the show did the pools or collected q-pons. Pigeon ownership substantially declined during its duration and the whippet has now become virtually extinct.

But it wasn't only that.

He always shied away from difficult topics like siamese twins, the bearded lady, the tattooed cripple and all the modern day elephant men. He could have done more in that respect for animal free circuses. Also, if he hadn't been such a distraction, bare knuckled cage fighting would have been the world's biggest sport now on pay-for-view under which western economies would be thriving. So yes, less chat on future daytime TV, methinks, and more blood sport to maximise profit margins. It shouldn't be only for/about the adults. Give the kids something on their school holidays they can enjoy.

That's given me a well-needed laugh after a difficult evening.

Quote: Briosaid @ 14th May 2019, 10:28 PM

That's given me a well-needed laugh after a difficult evening.

Excellent.

It works on rare occasions.

I am a complete twat but I do try to do my best, :):):)

According to newspaper reports today, the Jeremy Kyle show has been cancelled permanently.

Hopefully, we shall not see its like again.

Did it originally come about as a response to Jerry Springer? I did watch Jerry Springer's show on occasion (when I was a kid) but god, our version was bleak.

I thought a black woman did a Jeremy Springer style show before Kyle? Rood Eye's our resident black woman expert, so he'll probably know.

And now I come to think of it, Vanessa did a similar style show. And that barmaid off of Coronation Street. Maybe Nicky Campbell too?

Quote: chipolata @ 15th May 2019, 1:39 PM

I thought a black woman did a Jeremy Springer style show before Kyle? Rood Eye's our resident black woman expert, so he'll probably know.

I do know a bit about black women actually, having had an absolutely beautiful black girlfriend in my younger days.

One evening, many years ago, I saw her walking across St Ann's Square, Manchester, and immediately began to chat her up. You could do that sort of thing in those days.

However, I digress.

The woman to whom you refer is, I think, Trisha Goddard.

I have it on reasonably good authority that she might be about to replace Jeremy Kyle.

If she does, I'll be very pleased because her many talents render her thoroughly deserving of such a job.

I vote they bring Ricki Lake back.

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2019, 2:09 PM

I vote they bring Ricki Lake back.

Apparently they asked her but she said she was 'Drained' What are the odds?

Quote: zooo @ 15th May 2019, 2:09 PM

Ricki Lake

Not one of the greats.

I've had two flyers today one from Farage the other from Vote Tommy. They both came in the paid mail and the Farage one had my full name and address on it?
So they have bought mailing lists and are using royal mail so I suspect that while they're clearly well funded there's no party machine of volunteers posting them.
It feels strange, feel like the type of manipulation they had in the 1920's Wiemar.
All I can see is,two very sinister people hiding behind a single issue question that will get them power but once they have it I have no idea how they intend to use it.
So once the door to Europe has been firmly shut and we're all left to deal with each other on all the other issues I fear that they will then turn to their next single agenda. So it will be either Muslims or Immigrants or Jews or the infirm or trade unionist or gays someone will be getting a visit then instead of a bank rolled flyer .