The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 695

Yes I'm going to bring Brexit into it. Have that EU! You made us stay for your silly elections, well you can have our football as well in your precious CL Final which is only supposed to have Europeans in it. Wasn't the result you were expecting was it. Nor was Agincourt, The Battle of Britain, Waterloo...

I can see that Chelsea will be the only ones to blow it! Twats!

Well, ok, but I am a loyalist. I was huge on George Graham before he was sent on gardening leave because of allegations of fraud and I didn't want Wenger and then when Wenger was in place I loved that man as if he was my son and wanted him there until the age of 103. To be honest, I want him back because I can't understand a word that this new bloke is saying. He really gets on my nerves and they were never good in the first place. I just thank the lord that when I saw them against the Toon there was some librarian kid of about eight who was diligently reading his programme while supping a pint of Guinness at the Twelve Pins before leaping on a table and singing songs with 20 somethings which turned the air horribly blue. It was earthy, warm, encouragingly intellectual and not at all Spanish. Even the old sods played along with it.

(Anyways, your thing is going on to midnight European time - I think we all know which non Sutton Utd team you really support and it was a bit misleading to suggest it was all over mate - but I'm stepping back here as my hands are all of a jibber and I'm ever so slightly out of my own control. Not that I'm bothered personally but according to the guys, gals and transgenders at MI5 - they told me - this country is finished without them operating properly. I can't let them down.) :)

There you go - they have won.

Four English clubs in the finals.

Shame about the Manchester clubs - their love-in with Umunna and Soubry has been their undoing. EnglandEnglandEngland

Willy, Willy, Willy, Willy :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn1ocjcD-ZE

(This post has been approved in Cheltenham)

G'night. :)

Don't usually bet but backed Liverpool & Spurs to both get to the final on Tuesday. £20 at 40 to 1. Then used two of the free £5 bets they gave me for signing up to back both Spurs to beat Liverpool and Liverpool to beat Spurs, so will get another £400 or £500 depending who wins!

Easy this gambling lark.

Quote: playfull @ 10th May 2019, 3:18 PM

Don't usually bet but backed Liverpool & Spurs to both get to the final on Tuesday. £20 at 40 to 1. Then used two of the free £5 bets they gave me for signing up to back both Spurs to beat Liverpool and Liverpool to beat Spurs, so will get another £400 or £500 depending who wins!

Easy this gambling lark.

Well done but take care.

Thousands of Kenyans are now dying of starvation because they have been lured into gambling.

It is in the news so it must be true.

I have only a few key days in the calendar year in which I am prepared to lose money in that way.

My next one is Derby Day but to be honest I miss the era when there were proper gypsies on Epsom Downs.

Up the Villa! Fantastic comeback.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 10th May 2019, 11:31 PM

My next one is Derby Day but to be honest I miss the era when there were proper gypsies on Epsom Downs.

Are there any proper gypsies anywhere?

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2019, 5:37 PM

Are there any proper gypsies anywhere?

:)

There used to be a woman up there for about 60 or 70 years who was rolling in money and probably a bit batty in the bohemian leaning sense. I don't know.

Anyhow, she had one of the big houses with a very large garden attached to the course and insisted that the gypsies lived in that garden for several weeks before every Derby. It made her very unpopular with the neighbours but she didn't care and she was the main reason why they were there.

What you can find on the internet is quite a lot of photos of them. They are absolutely brilliant. Full of history and colour and they are the best way to observe them if generally when you hear the phrase "lucky heather" you feel obliged to cross the street and quickly scarper. I really love them but sadly doubt that they go to the Derby these days. She has probably gone.

As for the current, some of the new Romanians here might be true gypsies. The ones who gather in groups of 26 and play musical instruments outside Aldi and Lidl. They don't have the nice old caravans though.

Quote: DaButt @ 11th May 2019, 2:53 PM

Up the Villa! Fantastic comeback.

Yes, it's Leeds and Villa for me so the first play off games have ended right. I like Villa Park a lot, feel that West Brom's return would be too soon, can't stand Frank Lampard at any price and was close to awarding the wonderful Mr Bielsa my Comedian of the Year award.

Not a bad last day although I wish that Liverpool would have stayed in the lead and look like the winners a lot longer for their fans as they came all that way and ended up with nothing. At one point I thought they were going to 'Do A Leicester' but alas football is a cruel mistress.
As for my own team I think next season will be ours as I firmly believe we will be ready to win the Prem,

6th year running a blue team has won the Premier League. I hate those red teams.

Now that football boots are all colours of the rainbow and generally purchased from the sexist label Mothercare, everyone should be allowed to wear a shirt in the same colour as their skin. This would not only reduce football hooliganism but help respectively to promote the colours pink and green for LGBT people and the drugged up environmentalist lobby.

The downside is that Norwich City would probably win the league if they chose to have only Far Eastern players which they would do so that only they had a team in which all players could recognise members of their own side and Delia Smith would then become so insufferable that she would be a match in that respect for so-called national treasure Mary Berry.

Which, to be honest, really doesn't bear thinking about. .

Looking forward to MOTD tonight to watch the stellar performance of Manure.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th May 2019, 10:19 PM

Looking forward to MOTD tonight to watch the stellar performance of Manure.

Yes.

I was hoisted by my own petard today. I had bought a ticket for Fulham v Newcastle quite a while ago on the grounds that I was on a football rush for the first time in ten years. What I have been picking out has been basically a trip down memory lane - a preference for old stadiums which would remind me a bit of old Highbury and elsewhere family connections some of which I have only recently learned - along with some sort of daft belief that I am a journalist which I never was and it is fading fast but it is necessary to attach my life these days to some notion, even if it is imagined. I was a bit low. It meant that I missed the vintage vehicles this morning going along the A23 which upset me and then I didn't go to Fulham.

I study my motivations sometimes and they continue to surprise me. I know that I was intending going back after 30 years to Fulham for the ground. But there was a conflict. I have persisted with a line that it is safer to be in the home ends of clubs. Here, it turned out to be a disincentive as to be honest I do have family connections with the Toon. It places them 4th in my teams versus Fulham which is probably about 12th or 13th. Also, I realise now I don't like Sunday matches so I really don't know why I wasted my money. Anyhow, I'm just glad I didn't go as I would have had to have sat with Fulham fans at their end a bit disappointed for them at losing 0-4 and keeping my mouth shut on Newcastle doing so well. To make up for it, I hope to be at Grainne Duffy at the blues club in Coulsdon on Tuesday. Tickets, I think, are still available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn-dza8rO-A

.....and so far as unknowns are concerned the YT clips like the one I have posted suggest that she is bloody amazing.

Well, they do to me anyway.

Beth Hart anyone?

Looking forward to it!

Pronounced Gron-ya, I think, I knew another one once, It's likely to be Irish.

Obviously I'm totally mad but people are at their best when they just roll with it. :)