Heir Hunters Page 2

Actually isn't isn't the "mother in law" by law.

Mrs Bigfella was adopted you see!

Hence this was mega complex - it didn't help that the natural mother got married twice either.

So...after a few months of research I've started a People Trace and Probabte Research company! Only in my spare time like.

Here is the web site ( almost finished)- Any comments on it would be helpful. ( Spellings and grammer as most people know are my weekness)

Does it look professional enough?

I still don't have my phone line sorted ( see the bt hub link) So, all that data needs to be added on the contact papge.

And the empty page will be my family history / tree research page.

Any comments would be welcome.

Oh yeah - good rates for BCG members looking to find people.

EDIT - might help if I give you the website www.edwardstanley.co.uk
>_<

Link?

Edit: Ahh there we go. :)

I especially like the "empty" link! ;)

Might just be me, but the blue colour isn't right for the left page links. It's too bright in comparison.

Any time I go to use those services they can never find anything on my family. Even when I flash money in front of them they can't do it.
Maybe the Dutch didn't keep very good records on family or something.

Honestly, I'm not keen on the spinning icons in the menu, looks like a website from 1995. Also, there is no hand-mouse-pointer-cursor over the links, I wasn't sure they were active links until I clicked on them.

But the rest looks fine, if a little plain.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 30 2009, 11:59 PM BST

Heir Hunters? That has to be the worst name for a television show in a long time. When I first heard about it, I thought one of three things -

1. A show about hunting down Nazi war criminals

I turned over from Jeremy Kyle the other day and saw an old Jewish bloke I know through my old work. It was all about him and his family escaping from the Nazis. Fascinating.

Thanks for the thoughts guys.

Ellie / Lee - yeah the menu bit is the bit I don't like. But the menu editor things seems to be a bit weak. I'll have another play with that.

Lee- You say a little plain. Any jazzing up suggestions?
I wanted to keep it away from this sort of thing. www.hoopers.co.uk ( One of the biggest players in the field)

Quote: Curt @ August 28 2009, 3:53 PM BST

Any time I go to use those services they can never find anything on my family. Even when I flash money in front of them they can't do it.
Maybe the Dutch didn't keep very good records on family or something.

I can't help with Dutch records.

But I'm surprised that no one can't. I would have thought that all western european nations would have kept similar records?

Quote: bigfella @ August 28 2009, 5:27 PM BST

Lee- You say a little plain. Any jazzing up suggestions?

Huh? Erm?

That Hoppers one looks home made too. I don't know your clientele, so I can't really judge what they are looking for (except their family tree ;)).

I'd suggest cheese it up a bit, with photos of people "meeting" shaking hands, hugging, smiling. Or old looking school photographs, giving it a nostalgic feel.

If you don't have a camera, hire one out for the day and take pictures of your family in various "happy" poses. This way you'll have no copyright problems either.

I appreciate the honesty, but it's rare you see the price of service up front on the first page. But I'm only going by what I've seen, but it must be a good trick to entice people in, and encourage peeps to look around the site a bit more before they find the price.

Dunno if that'll help?

Quote: bigfella @ August 28 2009, 5:27 PM BST

I can't help with Dutch records.

I've got a few. Venus by Shocking Blue, Hocus Pocus by Focus and Radar Love by Golden Earring.

Quote: bigfella @ 28th August 2009, 7:29 PM

Any comments would be welcome.

Oh yeah - good rates for BCG members looking to find people.

EDIT - might help if I give you the website www.edwardstanley.co.uk >_<

Looks like your heir hunter rivals did the same to your website as they did to these jokers. Right royally rogered I'd say.

Ill :S Sick AngryPirate