Searching Page 3

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 7th May 2019, 6:24 PM

Oh, I see...it has multiple tabs going on...not just the ability to open multiple instances of the normal Notepad for access via the taskbar. I have installed it and it looks a bit Wordpaddy. I'll have a little five minute go later. Thanks for the link. :-)

It's very handy when you have multiple text files open and I like to turn off the tabs at the top via Settings > Preferences select 'Hide' in the Tab Bar section and have them listed on the left which is Settings > Preferences select 'Show' in the Document List Panel section. It's good for someone who types a lot and makes backups you can copy to another device so essential if working on something big like a novel. I love software with lots of different buttons and features although I never learn what they do :D

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 7th May 2019, 1:53 PM

Anyway...it would be really helpful if a clever website personage could cause pages with reply fields to throw up a warning, asking something like, "Are you sure you want to leave this page and lose any changes you have made?" with an OK button, but also a CANCEL button...and advice that you should, "Click CANCEL to stay on this page." Something like that.

Thanks for your feedback, and this suggestion. I'll look into it soon.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 7th May 2019, 7:22 AM

The "Search" facility still needs some tweaking.

I tried to search for Al Murray's Great British Pub Quiz and it couldn't find it, but I accessed it in the end via another route, so checked again on why the Search didn't find it, and do you know why? Because I put a full stop at the end of it.! >_<

It's too fussy!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 7th May 2019, 1:53 PM

Never had a problem finding the forum search tab and using the options...but...diving off topic for a sec,

Er yes, and mine has gone off into cyberspace, :(

As explained previously Herc, that's deceptively complex. We simply don't have the time or resources to implement such extended functionality, nor the finances to buy it in. If you'd like to make a substantial donation to enable that though, let's chat further! ;)

I'd always recommend a slightly less specific search, particularly avoiding punctuation if possible, as others' posts might not include it properly. For example "Great British Pub Quiz" rather than "Al Murray's Great British Pub Quiz".

Yes, I have in desperation sometimes put in a single word, and sometimes that works.

I'm expecting to win the lottery this week, so will get back to you then. Half a mill. OK?

Perfick.

I've always used search, and couldn't believe there was no thread for "George and Mildred" see blocked thread I posted this morning, and even now I STILL cannot find it!!

Explain this, from a few moments ago - weird or what??

'And' is not the same as '&'.

Ahh, the old "&" get out clause. ?

This morning I clicked on a 'topic link and was taken to a bogus phishing site. It was for Macafee virus protection, warning me my subscription had run out - and of course to click the link to renew..
My computer is well protected against these things but has only happened on here.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 8th November 2022, 8:28 AM

This morning I clicked on a 'topic link and was taken to a bogus phishing site. It was for Macafee virus protection, warning me my subscription had run out - and of course to click the link to renew..
My computer is well protected against these things but has only happened on here.

If you see any such thing again please copy the URL of the link, and ideally take a screenshot of it in our page, so we can investigate.