Catchphrases - a thing of the past? Page 8

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th April 2019, 2:50 PM

Chase me.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 25th April 2019, 2:58 PM

...or that.

Then you should watch last Saturday's Pointless Celebrities.

The one I remember that fell flat on its face was by the "Slither Man" who kept saying "Slither - you'll all be doing this tomorrow". Er no, you big twat and you weren't funny either. Talk about over inflated ego and then he went and spoilt it all by getting his dick out at some gig.....................................

Think he's dead now.

When I was a nipper I would watch Family Fortunes waiting for Max Bygraves to say "Time for BIG MONEY!"

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 25th April 2019, 3:19 PM

Then you should watch last Saturday's Pointless Celebrities.

Me no understandy...

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th April 2019, 5:25 PM

Me no understandy...

The contestants, in a 1980s themed edition, were: Carol Decker, Dennis Seaton, Bob Champion, Jo Durie, Samantha Fox, Duncan Norvelle, John Kettley and Lizzie Webb. And the origin of the catchphrase "Chase Me" was explained.

Aaahh.
Do you remember Brian clough whacking a few fans around the head when they invaded the pitch and was later made to publicly apologise to them.
In true cloughy fashion, he kissed them and one ran away and said chase me.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th April 2019, 4:38 PM

When I was a nipper I would watch Family Fortunes waiting for Max Bygraves to say "Time for BIG MONEY!"

I remember when the major prize on Double Your Money with Hughie Green was £1000 and was considered serious money.

... or around the same time, Michael Miles (quiz inquisitor) offering contestants a couple of pounds on Take Your Pick to forego the chance of winning a prize, which might be worth nothing.

Laughing out loud "Alright, my final offer then for your key is £7 10 shillings"

audience....oooooooo

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 25th April 2019, 5:25 PM

Me no understandy...

I don't either. I think I was making an entirely different point. Oh well...it's gone cold now.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 25th April 2019, 4:38 PM

Nooo...
When I was a kid, I waited for Max to say, "I wanna tell you a stooorrrrryyyyy."

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 25th April 2019, 11:34 PM

I remember when the major prize on Double Your Money with Hughie Green was £1000 and was considered serious money.

I'd take a thousand pounds now.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th April 2019, 10:02 PM

I'd take a thousand pounds now.

Maybe, but then it was a effin' lot of dosh. I clearly remember going to school on the bus around 1958 and we were talking about what we wanted to be when we left school and I said I wanted to be an architect 'cos they earned a £1000 a year - that's £20 a week!!! Cor! My friends said. :D

(My dad, a maintenance engineer at Ransomes, Sims and Jefferies was on about £8 a week then.)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 25th April 2019, 11:58 AM

Come on down!

I made love to some feathers.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 26th April 2019, 12:03 PM

I don't either. I think I was making an entirely different point. Oh well...it's gone cold now.

Nooo...
When I was a kid, I waited for Max to say, "I wanna tell you a stooorrrrryyyyy."

:D He did something with his hands that looked similar to what Tommy Cooper did when he said "just like that" which always made me laugh.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 27th April 2019, 4:55 PM

:D He did something with his hands that looked similar to what Tommy Cooper did when he said "just like that" which always made me laugh.

Was like a wringing of his hands, wasn't it.

Did Val Doonican have a catchphrase? I just think...rocking chair.