Ghosts - Series 1 Page 3

Quote: gb901 @ 16th April 2019, 10:36 PM

The ITV kids show The Ghosts Of Motley Hall in the mid-70s was a great deal funnier, and yes this Lolly Adefope appears to be the current flavour of the moment!

She hardly did anything did she?

Can't wait for episode two...and to see Fanny fall out the window again.

I thought it showed promise.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 16th April 2019, 8:09 PM

A bold assumption if ever I saw one.

Do you really think the opinions I express are my own?

So you mean you don't actually believe all the posts you make about white heterosexual males being the most victimised members of society?

According to today's Guardian:
"With the set-up out of the way, this sitcom about a creaky mansion inherited by a millennial couple, only one of whom can see the spirits that haunt it, is now flying. Strong, clever gags are offset - as always with the Yonderland/Horrible Histories gang - by lovely little performance flourishes. Delightful"
I seriously beg to differ - tonight's second episode was tedious!

Too many characters!

9:30 PM?
It's fine, but it's not for grown-ups, is it?

Still enjoying it. One or two of the ghosts could be cut, and Adefope's character continues to be very annoying. But the interplay between them all is good fun.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd April 2019, 11:20 AM

9:30 pm is a scary time. Midnight is scarier but past the ungrown's official bed time. Next question.

Quote: gb901 @ 22nd April 2019, 10:16 PM

I seriously beg to differ - tonight's second episode was tedious!

It was tedious - apart from the Doctor's surgery which was in the trailers.

She was just trying to run away from them all the time. Should've been covered in about 10 minutes.

Quote: Lazzard @ 23rd April 2019, 11:20 AM

I only recently watched Yonderland and loved it. I'm already a huge fan of the cast and their comedy. You say Ghosts isn't for grown ups, but this sort of humour is absolutely my guilty pleasure. I watch it and think...omg...this is nonsense...yay...keep going...yep. It's very much in my nature to be drawn to stupidity like this and to writers/actors who are committed to throwing themselves into scripts and scenarios they obviously love creating. I do appreciate a wide range of comedy for different reasons, but I'm always looking for silliness like this...and my amusement doesn't just come from the humour itself...it also comes from the idea that this bunch of mature, professional performers are actually putting everything they have into making it as puerile as it can possibly be. It's like being given permission to just relax and watch something easy to understand that requires very little brain power. I don't feel like an idiot for watching or liking it. I just feel happy. :-)

Well so far it could be a family sitcom at 7.30 maybe but the BBC prefer Stenders in that slot which really should be after the watershed.