Status report Page 6,038

Well off enough, to avoid eating the potato peelings, the onion skins and Orange peel, indeed.

The food waste can't be naturally composted in with the garden waste. You shouldn't put a stale cheese and marmite sandwich in the compost bin, so it follows you wouldn't put cooked or processed food waste into the garden waste bin. The food waste is processed in a different way. I do put dead flowers in the food waste bin for convenience, though. I'm sure it's still classed as a kind of food...kind of...in a vegetarian sort of way.

I guess the rules about peelings etc. is because they are more likely to start decomposing and becoming mouldy much quicker...and attract bacteria and disease and stuff...I dunno...just finkin out loud.

Quote: billwill @ 17th April 2019, 12:50 AM

Well off enough, to avoid eating the potato peelings, the onion skins and Orange peel, indeed.

That's what I said. You must be real posh.

World Snooker championships weekend start what is my favourite two weeks of the year and a build up to the final. A 9-9 final frame last night took 79 minutes and far from being a borefest was one of the most exiting frames I've ever seen. The hot weather and ice cold beers definitely helped.

I like the 'old boys' commentators like Virgo and Thorne so it's a shame that yet again Willie has been left out of one of the top three. He always gives an honest analysis so it seems like working for the BBC can be very unpredictable. He has been dropped from all the big tournaments covered by the BBC apart from the Welsh Open which makes me think of that scene in Extras when Andy is banned from the BAFTAS but is still allowed to attend the Welsh BAFTAS.

BBC: "Sorry Willie, you're not on the roster this season but BBC Sport wishes to thank you for all your hard work to date."

Willie: "What a shock, I had no idea that was coming. So I can't even commentate at the Welsh Open?"

BBC: "Would you commentate at the Welsh Open if asked? Ok then, expect a call."

:D

I'm not sure what would be more boring. Watching two weeks of snooker or somebody posting about it.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2019, 11:03 PM

I'm not sure what would be more boring. Watching two weeks of snooker or somebody posting about it.

Amen to that.

:D Not a fan then. I've been playing it and watching it since I was 8 so love the game but will consider what you said. Maybe it's time I moved on. What is a good football team to support these days?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd April 2019, 11:18 PM

Amen to that.

Pull yer tongue out.

I find it weirdly relaxing. Like competitive yoga.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd April 2019, 11:50 PM

:D Not a fan then. I've been playing it and watching it since I was 8 so love the game but will consider what you said. Maybe it's time I moved on. What is a good football team to support these days?

I think Chapper supports Croydon Academicals or summat like that. ;)

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 24th April 2019, 1:14 AM

Pull yer tongue out.

:P

#EDIT (Oh, "pull"..........I thought you said "put")

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 23rd April 2019, 11:50 PM

Just catching a couple of minutes before Eggheads* and I was wondering.

Do players have to have a certain standard of dress? Can they wear tee shirt and shorts? Can they wear bright red waistcoats?

* Incidentally I see that CJ is dying of AIDS. The last I'd heard about him was that he allegedly arranged for someone to be murdered.

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2019, 5:59 PM

* Incidentally I see that CJ is dying of AIDS. The last I'd heard about him was that he allegedly arranged for someone to be murdered.

Surely he didn't get where he is today by...

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 24th April 2019, 9:50 PM

Surely he didn't get where he is today by...

I'm sure he did!

"Eggheads star CJ de Mooi says he contracted HIV as a teen prostitute after revealing he's dying from AIDS"

Quote: Chappers @ 24th April 2019, 5:59 PM

Just catching a couple of minutes before Eggheads* and I was wondering.

Do players have to have a certain standard of dress? Can they wear tee shirt and shorts? Can they wear bright red waistcoats

The rules require smart attire like trousers, shirts and waistcoats but players can chose the colour and have sponsor logos. Not sure if there is a limit but I doubt they could be plastered in logos like an F1 drivers suit :D I think the players would prefer the dress code was relaxed but I hope it doesn't change because it adds to the sense of occasion. Some tournaments like the shoot out allow players to wear tshirts but that tournament has a shot clock and lets spectators drunkenly shout out during the frame so I never watch it.

I started watching in the mid 80s during the Davis era so missed out on the golden age when real characters like John Virgo, Ray Reardon and John Spencer would stop mid frame to joke with the crowd or wind up the referee.

Somebody's leaving today and Chip will have to work hard to avoid hugging them.