Not Going Out - Series 10 Page 5

Yes - but it's very, very rare anything is transmitted particularly close to recording. One can generally expect around a six month wait.

Hadn't heard about a Halloween special, but that's likely to be merely themed rather than a true special: i.e. broadcast as part of the series, to coincide with Halloween. So that's a further strong indicator towards Q3/4.

Hmmm .... I understand where you are coming from but Series 9 was only about a month and a half from last filming date to broadcast so it is possible, especially with shows like NGO as there isn't a lot more substance other than its general format. Lee even said himself to expect it late March through May but I know his predictions can also be wrong.

As with the Halloween episode, it is more of a special. It has already been filmed and shown at a screening and involves dressing up and all the things you can expect of NGO doing Halloween (I wasn't there it's word of mouth really).

You were right!

Not Going Out Series 10 begins in mid-April. Expected Monday 15th at 9pm.

Full episode synopses are here: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/not_going_out/episodes/10/

Has anyone seen any press for the return of this series?

Personally I think it has lost its edge and humour. Didn't watch last series so VERY unlikely to watch this lot.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 15th April 2019, 12:19 PM

Personally I think it has lost its edge and humour. Didn't watch last series so VERY unlikely to watch this lot.

I used to like it until the day the standard of some of the jokes fell right through the bottom of the barrel, rolled along the valley of unfunniness and disappeared from view as it plummeted into the abyss of unbearable professional embarrassment.

Inexplicably, the comedy had in parts dropped to the standard of the most excruciatingly awful sitcom in the history of the universe - "Big Top".

A little research revealed the reason: they had enlisted the help of Daniel Peak as a writer.

I have never watched it since.

Quote: Wideawakeasleep @ 15th April 2019, 10:56 AM

Has anyone seen any press for the return of this series?

BBC1 have finally started showing a short trailer for the last few days but that seems to be it-rather disappointing.

I think Series 10 was off to a great start! The advertising was quite lacklustre I will admit but that's due to various factors - not the quality of the show IMO. From the 3 episodes of Series 10 I have seen so far, I think it still has its "edge", just a different one than the 1-7 format. I feel with this show many people still cannot get over cast changes from years ago and still feel the need to dwell over it as a reason to hate the show rather than simply having an opinion on it how it is now.

Would love to hear peoples' opinions of the new series.

I do think the quality of the gags have dropped overall but that said I liked this first episode. Crucially it was nice to see Lee and Lucy acting like a couple in love for a change rather than bickering. Thought the Australia/New Zealand gags were awfully dated though

It has been quite good. The lack of story usually makes it a hard one to invest in but I thought there was just enough here for it to be worthwhile.

Episodes 2 and 3 are also very good

Quote: jsg @ 17th April 2019, 2:25 PM

Episodes 2 and 3 are also very good

Did you see them being recorded?

I wonder why this week's episode was different than billed? Anyway, weaker than last week. Still some good gags but the plot hinged on such a silly premise (even for NGO) and it just sort of petered out at the end.

I felt that Monday's episode was better than the first actually! It did take a few mins to get going though I will admit. I saw filming for it and they cut out one musical number and cut down the one still in I wonder why?

Originally billed episode is now set for next week, they either had to speedily edit out something offensive regarding recent events or may have felt it was too rude for an Easter Monday (IMO).

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 23rd April 2019, 2:06 PM

I wonder why this week's episode was different than billed? Anyway, weaker than last week.

Sometimes the scheduled episodes are cancelled because they are similar to something in the news. Maybe they went to Sri Lanka.

The originally scheduled Episode 2, Facts Of Life, concerns sex education lessons beginning at the kids' school. Given recent events in Birmingham, I suspect they decided to put a bit more space between that sorry episode and the sitcom episode.