Yonderland

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/yonderland/

I liked Horrible Histories so this must be good! Are you looking forward to this?

Puppets look reminiscent of ITV's "the riddlers" - is it just a reboot?

Am definitely going to give this a watch.

Twenty minutes in and can't say I'm impressed!

mild, one hopes it gets better.

Only managed to watch this for about 15 minutes. Not funny, didn't really like the puppets either.

I thought it was wonderful.

Lots of fun. That Elf isn't the most aesthetically pleasing creation of the puppet workshop, alas!

I really liked it so far. There's a lot of great ideas in this show. It so sad there isn't any shows like this or like the Horrible Histories in my country.

Ps.: I hope I haven't made any grammar mistakes. English isn't my first language.

Still enjoying this, a lovely little treat of a programme.

Series 2 starts tommorow , with a double bill. Episode one features Mackenzie Crook as a mysterious old man. Pretty good guest star!! :)

Just wanted to add that I absolutely adore Yonderland and the writers behind it (particular the very talented Laurence Rickard)

I've heard that series 3 is a go ahead (hasn't been confirmed) and I am ecstatic!

Jo

p.s: I actually think, if anything, it's like 'The Rottentrolls' - a CITV comedy that I loved watching when I was younger. It was the first time I heard the most wonderful insult ever - "You berk!"

Having watched the first instalment of Series 3 it would appear they've gone the "enemy within" route ala Star Wars' Senator/Emperor Palatine with Stephen Fry's character.

I watched all three seasons of Yonderland on NowTV. They're all still there. I love it!

I agree with one poster that it does smack a lot of The Riddlers, especially where the character 'Elf' is concerned. I remember watching that with my son (now 29!)...and thinking...if a kid actually stumbled upon these things at the end of their garden in real life, they'd be more likely to shit their fkin pants and club them to death with a spade. Funny little show, though.

Mind you...even more funny...a few years ago, my youngest was listing her favourite cartoons and TV shows to visiting family members who were fishing for ideas for character-related gifts for her birthday. This immediately prompted all her siblings to also join in and list theirs. I was particularly impressed by how far back my son could go with his list, but even more impressed that he did indeed remember the aforementioned show...as...The Fiddlers. Nobody else in the room realized his mistake...probably having never heard of it in the first place. I remember loving the answer so much, I just nodded, smiled...and couldn't bring myself to correct him.

Well it was funny for me, anyway...and I still wonder how many times since then he's innocently mentioned The Fiddlers to friends and work colleagues as one of his most memorable childhood memories.