Tweets and Tweeting

Simply cannot get on with this - am I doing something wrong?

About a year ago I tweeted Barry Cryer, but it didn't appear on the time-line (?) and so I gave up.

Yesterday I wanted to tweet The Chase and have a dig at Anne for getting an Elvis song wrong, but YET AGAIN it doesn't appear!! GRRRRRR! I tried it twice and the second time it said "You have already tweeted this" - OH REALLY? Then why doesn't it appear?

How the effin' hell does it work, or am I doing summat wrong OR, just occurred to me The Chase tweet is ONLY for them to post to? If so, what is the point of the thing?

They see them Herc but if they don't reply or like, they don't show up on their timeline.
Don't forget, they might receive 100's each day.

I tweeted Stephen Fry with an old cartoon (1920's) I had found on the net where one of the characters looked just like him.
He tweeted that he didn't remember posing for it and then later tweeted that he had printed it and framed it.
(actually, now I think - it was one you posted in your cartoon thread)

I tweeted a picture to The Grand Tour. It got nearly 800 likes. (But nobody from TGT)

I had altered it to make Richard Hammond look smaller

It's an art to make your tweets punchy or controversial so they reply.

I once tweeted to James Jordan after he had put a video of him playing golf on twitter that he had broken the rules by leaving the flag in while he putted.
He jumped down my throat to tell me the Royal and Ancient had changed the rules about that.
And so they had.

Thanks for that Stephen - f**k 'em then. I'll tweet Anne direct to tell her she's not so clever as she thinks! And I'll now understand if it doesn't appear! Laughing out loud

Oh, oh I see re the cartoon to Stephen Fry - one of "mine" was it? So where's my cut of the fee? Speaking of which, I will deny all knowledge when Punch magazine takes it to court over unpaid copyright, when someone sees it hanging up in his toilet. Whistling nnocently

I joined Twitter in 2011 but have yet to make my first tweet. I keep planning on getting involved because it would be great to get a response from someone I follow but would also be miffed if they don't.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th April 2019, 8:52 PM

I joined Twitter in 2011 but have yet to make my first tweet. I keep planning on getting involved because it would be great to get a response from someone I follow but would also be miffed if they don't.

I think I did something similar. Really can't be arsed. I waste enough time on here and facebook.

Quote: Chappers @ 16th April 2019, 10:37 PM

I think I did something similar. Really can't be arsed. I waste enough time on here and facebook.

So do I. I've never joined Twitter.