Website Not Loading

Hi guys :) I wanted to raise this not in any moaning bastard kind of way but more because I'm not sure what's going down and this is for the benefit of BCG and mankind. I've noticed there are times when the website doesn't resolve on my PC and when this happens I try resolving it on my iPhone and it doesn't resolve either. I try other websites and they resolve instantly which tells me it's not my end. I tried a traceroute and it completes but skips some hops which seems to be a name server issue but I also get time out errors referencing SSL certs. I'm not sure if anyone else has been having this issue but I wanted to mention it because it happens a lot and seems like a DNS or name server issue.

Everything is fine with me - no problems whatsoever.

Best of luck trying to resolve it. I know how frustrating it can be with anything IT.

I couldn't connect last night.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th April 2019, 7:09 AM

I couldn't connect last night.

We don't want to know about your sex life, thank you - we all have our problems sometimes.

I'm talking about that show with V Coren.
It was hard.

Had problems yesterday early evening, too.

It happens to me a lot too. Very slow to connect...and, even when it does, it takes ages to load each page after that. Now, I just don't bother when the first page hangs...and come back to it after a few hours. It gets there in the end. Today, right now, it's okay.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th April 2019, 7:35 AM

I'm talking about that show with V Coren.
It was hard.

Up against the wall, eh?

There's certainly an ongoing problem with the loading of the website.

Yesterday, I think it failed to load 9 times out of 10 (for me, anyway).

It's been like that for quite a while now.

It's always trying its hardest to get there, though. I'll give it that.

They are going to have to upgrade the 28K modem dial-up connection eventually.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 16th April 2019, 9:40 AM

They are going to have to upgrade the 28K modem dial-up connection eventually.

I kinda miss that dial-up connection sound. I can actually remember all the sounds that happened one after the other. A real mixture of noises. Similar to when you tried to phone a company and got their fax line instead. That probably still happens, but it's mainly call centres now, so a rare treat.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 16th April 2019, 9:59 AM

I kinda miss that dial-up connection sound. I can actually remember all the sounds that happened one after the other. A real mixture of noises. Similar to when you tried to phone a company and got their fax line instead. That probably still happens, but it's mainly call centres now, so a rare treat.

Same here because that noise meant I was about to be online and back then it was a big novelty.

Also liked the AOL notification "you have email" and for years I thought it sounded like Joanna Lumley until I discovered it is Joanna Lumley. Around that time I was logging on to chat to a girl from New York so it was like my own version of You've Got Mail (although we were both single)

The website loading delays sounds like it's affecting a few people so it could be a name server or web server issue. Maybe it needs a reboot.

Yes I had trouble last night too. Obviously must be a problem with the site.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 16th April 2019, 9:25 PM

The website loading delays sounds like it's affecting a few people so it could be a name server or web server issue. Maybe it needs a reboot.

In the supporters' newsletter Mark mentioned this, especially with the recent spike around the This Time and Warren hour there have been points where there was too much traffic for the current server to handle. Fixing this by getting a bigger server will be expensive but necessary.