Have I Got News For You - Series 57 *!*

Missed a thread again. Never mind, brilliant tonight as always and thought Janey Godley (never heard of her before - Brisaid?) was very funny.

If you listened to Just a Minute you probably would have done.

Ahh, I do on Radio 4 Extra, which maybe old repeats. (?) Haven't heard her on there so far.

Oh seriously?!

Last night's effort was just utterly dreadful

It was actually painful and embarrassing to watch as Merton's attempt at gags completely misfired to the odd titter from a handful of people in the audience, laughing more out of politeness.

This show used to be a must watch for me on Friday nights - it's now completely appalling.

It needs putting out if its misery and terminating.

I watched five minutes of the latest series and deleted it from my series stack. Oh dear, I'd been an on/off fan since the naughty nineties.

I still think that average HIGNFY is better than a lot of other panel shows. If nothing else it catches me up with the news in a concise manner and still manages to make me chuckle. Whoever that bloke was on Ian's team was funnier than everybody else there!

I liked the girl the previous week. And Henning Wehn & Dimbers were good value too.

Seriously funny again this week. Everyone brilliant and bonus points for David Tennant - great in the chair!

Now we know what Ian and Paul earn per show! Double what I thought!! :O

Difficult to poke fun at a Tory politician earning a vast sum for very little work when you're getting 20 grand for turning up for two hours...he actually acquitted himself very well.

I think everybody's ears pricked up when the fee was mentioned.

Quote: beaky @ 27th April 2019, 9:40 AM

Difficult to poke fun at a Tory politician earning a vast sum for very little work when you're getting 20 grand for turning up for two hours...he actually acquitted himself very well.

I agree but Hislop was very professional and batted it away like it was nothing. Besides which this was the best episode in aeons. Ian Hislop doing better journalism than anyone else at the BBC and so good to see Mercer squirm. Merton was on particularly good form and Zoe Lyons was brilliant value.

I think somebody should be sacked. They pulled last night's because of the inclusion of a Politician.

Either they can't have any Politicians or they can pick and choose - as in Question time.

Whoever put the lineup together must've been aware that there is another (bloody stupid waste of time) Election in a few weeks.

Bloody disgraceful!

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2019, 5:41 PM

I think somebody should be sacked. They pulled last night's because of the inclusion of a Politician.

Either they can't have any Politicians or they can pick and choose - as in Question time.

Whoever put the lineup together must've been aware that there is another (bloody stupid waste of time) Election in a few weeks.

Bloody disgraceful!

I agree. That it even got to the recording day and nobody knew let alone half and hour before broadcast!

Quote: Chappers @ 11th May 2019, 5:41 PM

Bloody disgraceful!

:O So that's what it was. I was so f**king pissed off that my digi-box had recorded a repeat of Would I Lie, (which I do like by the way) and then find that it was not available on catch-up.

F**king BBC.

Due to the f**k up over last week, the Friday broadcast now seems fated and I know the repeat must have pulled as well, but that is the one I am now going to start recording as it has about 15 mins. more material in it - so glad I did as it was hilarious again.

LOVE Ian Hislop!