Miriam Margolyes: Orgasms for 3-year-olds?

I think we might all agree that Miriam Margolyes is a bit of character, to say the very least.

Having listened to a number of interviews with the good lady, it's clear that she's a very sexual woman.

However, nothing she's ever said before prepared me for her recent anecdote about the occasion upon which she was passing the home of her prep school teacher and promptly had an orgasm: she was 3 years old at the time.

Had she said no more, I would have thought she had perhaps experienced some kind of sensation which, when looking back in later life, she had mislabelled as an orgasm.

However, this is Miriam Margolyes we're talking about and you will not be surprised to learn that she proceeded to describe the event in far more detail than I can possibly go into on a family website.

All I can say is I believe her. :O

Even if it happened, and I would have thought it not possible for someone of that age to experience a climax such as orgasm or nocturnal emission, my biggest question is why she felt the need to share such a personal event with the world without a better reason than trying to get a laugh or make people gasp. It's all a bit crass and in bad taste.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 13th April 2019, 6:59 PM

Even if it happened, and I would have thought it not possible for someone of that age to experience a climax such as orgasm or nocturnal emission, my biggest question is why she felt the need to share such a personal event with the world without a better reason than trying to get a laugh or make people gasp. It's all a bit crass and in bad taste.

Yes far too much info. I remember her saying, not that long ago, that even at her age she was "still moist down there".

Oh really? Sick

I actually have a lot of time for Miriam Margolyes. Apart from her acting abilities and her comedic talent, she is also a Jew who is very much proactive in the campaign for a fair deal for Palestine. In a world where it's almost a crime against humanity to criticise the State of Israel, I think that speaks very well of her.

She's always been a freethinker and something of a bohemian and I think the openness with which she discusses sexual matters may be due to her still living (inside her head) as a flower child in the Summer of Love.

That was in1967, in case you missed it.

I don't think making up stories like that is going to help her cause because the chances are it never happened and is just part of the act. Or an attempt to get on Loose Women/This Morning/Anything.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th April 2019, 12:14 AM

still living (inside her head) as a flower child in the Summer of Love.

That was in1967, in case you missed it.

Right on man. Cool I did miss it actually - being stoned as I was at that time. Smarmy

This is the woman who was selling her autograph and said to a black fan "Can't you afford five quid ?" then tried to recover the situation by offering him a discount because he was black ! Although being a pro Palestinian supporter does seem to conflict with that. If someone goes against their tribe, it's normally in earnest. Still I get the feeling she's the type desperate of attention and likes to shock people.

The following Swedish survey suggest 16 is the age women tend to get their first orgasm: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2005.00170.x

Seriously Rood boy!
A title for a thread?

Quote: Firkin @ 14th April 2019, 7:31 AM

This is the woman who was selling her autograph and said to a black fan "Can't you afford five quid ?" then tried to recover the situation by offering him a discount because he was black ! Although being a pro Palestinian supporter does seem to conflict with that. If someone goes against their tribe, it's normally in earnest. Still I get the feeling she's the type desperate of attention and likes to shock people.

The following Swedish survey suggest 16 is the age women tend to get their first orgasm: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/j.1743-6109.2005.00170.x

Tee Hee, oh yeah :$

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th April 2019, 9:17 AM

Seriously Rood boy!
A title for a thread?

I did wonder that meself.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 14th April 2019, 9:17 AM

Seriously Rood boy!
A title for a thread?

Rule 1: Get their attention. Laughing out loud

Rule 2. Beware of dodgy posters. :P

Is there a gynaecologist in the house?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th April 2019, 10:48 AM

Rule 2. Beware of dodgy posters. :P

I hope we don't get a Rule 3 and a Rule 4 because, with this being a comedy site and all, somebody is bound to come up with:

Rule 5: No p**fters!

Quote: Rood Eye @ 14th April 2019, 10:58 AM

Rule 5: No p**fters!

Er, THAT is actually Rule 1 :P