Taskmaster Page 6

I like Alice Levine, Russell Howard, and Tim Vine. The line-up feels like it's missing another big name though.

I'm so surprised to see the lack of puns from Mr Vine, but none the less, I love it (as I have every series). Alice is new to me other than perhaps another Dave show. I'm really enjoying the guys though and look forward to the rest of the series.

Also .. this is the best original British thing on the television at the moment.

What a delight this has turned out to be and bad me for not watching it from the start. Caught it by chance at the end of Series 6 and here we are at the end of Series 7.
Rhod Gilbert, always good for a laugh, the girl from Bad Move and three other people I had never heard of but all of them have been a hoot to watch.

Silly idea but SO watchable!

Now I need to do some serious catching up.

So, Taskmaster 8 announced and I'm sorry to say that it looks like they've reached the point where they have had to scrape the bottom of the barrel - Yes/No? Only know three people and only one of them is a comedian?

Can't see it being as funny as any of the previous series, but hope I am proved wrong......................we'll see.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2019, 3:03 PM

So, Taskmaster 8 announced and I'm sorry to say that it looks like they've reached the point where they have had to scrape the bottom of the barrel - Yes/No? Only know three people and only one of them is a comedian?

Can't see it being as funny as any of the previous series, but hope I am proved wrong......................we'll see.

Lou Sanders is a wonderful comic, as is Paul Sinha. Joe Thomas and Greg's dynamic should be interesting being they know each other. Sian Gibson is the Tarbuck/Knappet, a comic actress who always comes across as very likeable. Iain Stirling I have no idea.

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 20th February 2019, 12:37 AM

Iain Stirling I have no idea.

CBBC and Love Island in his short CV apparently............that says it all.

I'm pretty sure he's been a stand up comedian for years too.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2019, 6:17 AM

CBBC and Love Island in his short CV apparently............that says it all.

In fairness to Iain Stirling, I have to say that the above short CV does not say at all.

He's actually a very good stand-up comedian and not only that, he's a lot better than some of the comedians who appear never to be off our TV screens.

I have no idea why he's not a more regular visitor to our living rooms but, whatever the reason, it's most certainly not that he lacks talent. He's got lots of it!

Just watched the one with Al Murray and Co - very funny and it was the one with the washing line of blue and red balloons that they had to burst in the quickest time. Al Murray was first up and before he started his immediate observation was that by coincidence (!?) they looked like they were arranged in Morse code.......................a comment that he was to rue after the task was over. Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th February 2019, 3:03 PM

I watched the first episode today and enjoyed it a lot. As guests go it really wasn't much of an issue, I admit I was a bit worried about it but I don't think fans will be disappointed.

Quote: jsg @ 12th April 2019, 8:40 PM

I watched the first episode today and enjoyed it a lot. As guests go it really wasn't much of an issue, I admit I was a bit worried about it but I don't think fans will be disappointed.

I'm intrigued as to how you managed to watch it when it isn't doesn't start until next month.

Ahhhh,, on the production team? :)

The previews were out very early! Nearly a full month beforehand yes

Wow :)

I cannot wait. Lou Sanders is just going to bring chaos and filth, and it should make magnificent TV

Still watching the previous series (Rod Gilbert et al) but I'm beginning to think they're over doing the format a bit. More episodes than earlier series and whilst enjoying it I am counting the episodes off. Definitely a bit of fatigue setting in.

Not convinced by the current line up but willing to hope they've gone for personality and conflict (in a positive way) rather than just famous names. There's certainly archetypes starting to show through and maybe this will work better than just another celeb/big name. I also wonder if the format of the show could expose some comedians limitations i.e without a script and a plan are they still funny?