Red Dwarf Page 11

Quote: lofthouse @ 26th October 2017, 10:49 PM

Hollllllyyyy crap that was bad

Worst episode ever

Awful plot

Awful script

Yup, couldn't agree more - very poor.

I've not watched Red Dwarf from around series 5 onwards because it feels like the definition of flogging a dead horse. I've caught glimpses of the recent shows and saw a scene where they are all Krytens but it didn't feel like the same show I know and love and watching it could damage those memories. It's only going because of two reasons which is the cast want to do it and they are still popular enough for die hards and younger viewers to watch. That doesn't automatically make it good quality though. The show was repeating gags by series 3.

Picked up a bit this week I thought - more like the old style with Talkie Toaster making a reappearance. :D

Oh boy oh boy

I love Red Dwarf but this new series is probably THE worst series ever

I can see past the lame gags and uninspiring scripts

But the plots have been total rubbish

If the writers have ran out of ideas I wish they'd just throw in the towel now

The actors almost look embarrassed at times with some of the the tedious lines they have to perform.

OK so is anyone else annoyed about the spoilers that have been suddenly released about returning cast members, on the main page of this very site no less? I appreciate that the episode has been available online but until it's broadcast on television I still think that the surprises should be kept as such.

Caught a clip of one of the early series repeats - My God they look young!

This twelfth series has been a damp squib!

Holly on University Challenge tonight.

I think they sit upside down to get more blood to the brain which makes them more intelligent.

I've been watching series 2 and can't believe it was 29 years ago.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 12th December 2017, 10:36 PM

I think they sit upside down to get more blood to the brain which makes them more intelligent.

GB is going thru' and Australian phase.......................he'll get over it, (or buy a phone he can use properly)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 12th December 2017, 11:27 PM

GB is going thru' and Australian phase.......................he'll get over it, (or buy a phone he can use properly)

I think it's

Really, I don't know why this happens. It only occurs when I upload pics via tinypic on my I-pad. And it looks perfectly alright on my I-pad. I can only see it's upside down on my phone. Haven't tried it on my laptop though.
Maybe Aaron knows an explanation?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 13th December 2017, 7:36 PM

Really, I don't know why this happens. It only occurs when I upload pics via tinypic on my I-pad. And it looks perfectly alright on my I-pad. I can only see it's upside down on my phone. Haven't tried it on my laptop though.
Maybe Aaron knows an explanation?

I think, but have not confirmed: Modern tablets seem to have an algorithm to display pictures the right way up, even it it was shot sideways or upside down. That doesn't apply on some other devices like your phone or a computer via a website.

I think it is more of a nuisance than a help, because it doesn't tell you that it rotated it on the tablet, so you make the kind of mistake GB made here.

Thought I had put the DVD Red Dwarf series 1 disk 1 in to the DVD player but it was actually Red Dwarf series 1 disk 2 and noticed a documentary about how the show was formed. Very interesting 25 minutes with input from all the main cast and some people behind the scenes. Paul Jackson featured a lot and he's interesting because you can tell he is someone who gets things done. I wouldn't mind checking out his autobiography if he's written one. If he hasn't then reading it would be impossible because it doesn't exist. Paul said that before Happy Families had even aired a budget had been put aside for Happy Families series 2 which was a common practice at the BBC so when the second series was cancelled there was a pot of cash and a BBC suit picked Red Dwarf from a bunch of scripts he had been sent while on a train.

Someone else made a veiled accusation of misappropriation of the budget but it must have cost a lot to build the sets and special effects. I think he may have just been bitter about something.

The continual inane baying by the hysterical audience also put me off - well apart from the utter crap on offer!

A month old news, but not reported here.

Danny John-Jules has revealed a new series of Red Dwarf is being filmed this year - October?, November? (aired in 2020?) "everything is still in the early negotiation stages".

"RED DWARF season 13 has been confirmed So we'll probably do Red Dwarf XIII, live show and come back and probably do XIV after that.' Published: 27 Jun 2019 Danny John-Jules on insta.