Status report Page 6,037

List of CAE software (Computer-aided engineering). IT analyses CAD geometry tools in mechanical design. Compare Price, reviews of cad cam CAE tools. Get Demo Free https://www.techjockey.com/category/cae-software

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 11th April 2019, 11:32 AM

I have taken to walking with my hands behind my back as its makes me looks both studious and sinister at the same time. You see I look like I'm thinking but it also looks like I'm also considering using whatever it is that I have behind my back.
The whole effect is that I make people nervous while others can see I have been watching way too many back episodes of Callan.

NOOOOOOOO! You'll look like the bloody Duke of Edinburgh or his creepy son! You don't want that, do you?

Quote: Briosaid @ 11th April 2019, 12:49 PM

NOOOOOOOO! You'll look like the bloody Duke of Edinburgh or his creepy son! You don't want that, do you?

I walk like that in shops, so people don't keep thinking I'm about to nick something.

Quote: Briosaid @ 11th April 2019, 12:49 PM

Ahhh! I think I've cracked it.................................

Er Brio, would you feel the same way if he was the Duke of Glasgow? Whistling nnocently

Is that what's stuck in your craw? :D

I look nothing like that pillock I would describe myself as 'Fetching' basically people feel the urge to set their dogs on me .

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 11th April 2019, 3:08 PM

Ahhh! I think I've cracked it.................................

Er Brio, would you feel the same way if he was the Duke of Glasgow? Whistling nnocently

Is that what's stuck in your craw? :D

Certainly NOT. His numpty son is the Duke of Rothesay and that's a bloody cheek.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 11th April 2019, 3:15 PM

I look nothing like that pillock I would describe myself as 'Fetching' basically people feel the urge to set their dogs on me .

Laughing out loudLaughing out loudLaughing out loud

Am on annual leave this week so there is no wake up alarm blaring in the morning and I can get up when I like and potter around the house with the radio on and the heating on full. Potential disaster earlier today when I thought my kettle had broken but it miraculously started working again. Phew!

Having one of those weeks where, to save a bit of money, we put together meals by using just the odd bits and pieces of food hanging about in the cupboards and fridge, before buying any more. Just finished off two vegetable spring rolls, a heart-shaped Yorkshire pudding and a burger in the shape of the bat signal. Now...the question is...do I have room for the flattened choc-ice I peeled off the back of the freezer yesterday. Uh...I think I do.

Chip attempted to save a cheeky little spider on his kettle this morning, and in the process accidentally scalded it to death with boiling steam.

So, had a brown envelope from the local council this morning marked "News about your brown bin", and as I know the area council over the border (next door so to speak) charges £60 a year to empty there's, I quite naturally thought "Oh yeah, here we go".

It turns out it's still free :) but they have changed the company who takes the stuff away and these new people have a list of Yes and No in the recycling bin.

Pointless in showing the short list, but do query that they DO NOT now want any vegetable/fruit peelings, but WILL accept apple windfalls. Er yes, but you see.................................... :S

Lucky you, my council here has stated that it can no longer recycle food-waste at all and that all food waste should (until further notice) be put in the general waste (which goes to land-fill.

Why on earth they cannot process it as part of garden waste (which gets composted) is a mystery to me.

The key is "food-waste" as a catch-all, otherwise you'd get the single brain cell oik family who'd proceed to scrape their dinner plates into the recycling = chop bones, pizza crusts, the semolina that Gran can't eat, gristle off the Sunday joint, chicken skin, congealed gravy, the half eaten kebab drunk son left after he'd thrown up, what he'd thrown up...................................

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th April 2019, 12:09 PM

Pointless in showing the short list, but do query that they DO NOT now want any vegetable/fruit peelings, but WILL accept apple windfalls. Er yes, but you see.................................... :S

They only want stuff straight from nature. Not after you've fked about with it.

Desert Island Discs, Radio 4 Extra. Some bloke talking about Aida and pronouncing it Ada while waxing ly=rical about his lickle ickle children who can sing it all in a way that he can't. , Who is this c**t? Well, I dunno, but I've heard of Heston Blumenthal although I'd have said Toby Young or some other ancient (though younger than me) nonentity if he had passed me in the street. £325 for a meal at Bray apparently, Does that come with Tracey Emin's incontinence blanket or is that an extra? One just knows, doesn't one, they will all be dying from suffocation under the weight of their own gold and the guilt that comes from an entirely unimaginative fleecing palaver. Bless, Bless any offspring rightfully seeking escapism.

Quote: billwill @ 13th April 2019, 12:18 PM

Lucky you, my council here has stated that it can no longer recycle food-waste at all and that all food waste should (until further notice) be put in the general waste (which goes to land-fill.

Why on earth they cannot process it as part of garden waste (which gets composted) is a mystery to me.

Food waste? You must be well off!