How to get money for sketches.

Just off the top of my head.

Submit to a radio or TV company and get accepted (including local radio and regional TV such as STV).

Create a Patreon where people can subscribe to your sketches.

Create an advert for a product or service and get paid - obviously can't be too derogatory.

Be accepted on a freelancing site for a comedy sketch job.

Get paid to have your sketch on NewsRevue or similar comedy show.

Befriend a comedy actor who performs sketches in front of an audience and send them material.

Create a sketch show for the Fringe and make a profit. (Please note this is not very likely)

Create affiliate content using your sketches? Possible, I s'pose.

Have sex with a producer.
Newsrevue and treasonshow, but not quite yachtworthy.

The Treason Show stopped about 2005, didn't it?

Still going.

Create a challenge (or any online course) and involve a few sketches. Of course you need people to buy the course as well.

Have you any idea of how many charlatans there is already out there doing that? Do you not know how easy t is to get ripped off as a writer? Also what level of testimonials could you supply to the student? And if they're that impressive why aren't you working yourself? These are just a few of the questions you would get asked.

Spot on,Teddy.
99% of all courses, script competitions and mentoring services are rip-offs.
The monetisation of failure.
Too many desperate people, not enough talent.

I was thinking of targeting successful coaches. Failures don't have money.

You could say the same about most books and TV shows, especially comedy. Fawlty Towers, Dad's Army, Steptoe & Son, all made a profit over failure. If you want to think about it like that.

Going back to challenges, it's a free service which shows how good (or bad) a specific teacher is. Or starts that way. People like good service and come back. :)

How did you arrive at the notion that the 'Failures don't have money'? The idle rich have been having their egos massaged while they get fleeced since the ark. As for successful coaches why would they bother with a punt if they have steady work?

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 2nd May 2019, 10:37 PM

How did you arrive at the notion that the 'Failures don't have money'? The idle rich have been having their egos massaged while they get fleeced since the ark. As for successful coaches why would they bother with a punt if they have steady work?

Think of your current avatar, Reggie Perrin - successful, tens of thousands in the bank but just had a boring life. That's why most people do evening courses after all.

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 3rd May 2019, 10:20 AM

Think of your current avatar, Reggie Perrin - successful, tens of thousands in the bank but just had a boring life. That's why most people do evening courses after all.

Ah, but that's Rupert Rigsby, whose life is full of incident.

I don't understand this thread anymore.
I think I need to go on a course.

Quote: beaky @ 3rd May 2019, 10:25 AM

Ah, but that's Rupert Rigsby, whose life is full of incident.

I thought it was Reggie when he became a sewage worker?