Absent friends Page 174

Hello Ste hope you're keeping well mate .

Grand Teddy :)

You're up early mate did you shit the bed?

Actually I generally look in about 06:45.
A pint pot of tea and a dog pawing me legs with a look in his eyes that say 'come on fatha I'm busting for a slart

Where the heck is Gordon Bennett? 2 posts since September.

Quote: Will Cam @ 11th February 2019, 9:05 PM

Where the heck is Gordon Bennett? 2 posts since September.

We PM'd a couple of days ago - he's OK and hopes to be back soon.

How is easier to PM than create a post?

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 12th February 2019, 4:45 PM

How is easier to PM than create a post?

Good God! Forums are the last place you would want to discuss or post about a private matter.

I suppose we are indiscreet. Get well soon, Gordon.

Godot Taxis
Hope he's well

Sootyj. I wish he would come back.

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th April 2019, 10:31 AM

After over 50,000 posts he stopped posting the day they changed the web site to these awful ice cream parlour colours, along with the style of the threads. To cater for more people accessing the site on mobile phones was one of the reason I seem to remember, so that's progress for you.

We all moaned about it (at least I did as for awhile - I wouldn't let it lie :D ), but he said nothing.........................just stopped and was never heard from again. That was August 2nd 2016.

#EDIT
You could PM him if you have care to :-

https://www.comedy.co.uk/profile/sootyj/

Quote: Will Cam @ 7th April 2019, 10:31 AM

That name rings a bell. I think we followed each other on Twitter ages ago. I haven't accessed it for a while, so he might not follow me anymore...and fk knows what my password was. All my passwords are different and very difficult to remember, especially by me. Mostly due to the 'Oh I'll just type anything and get Firefox to remember it' mentality I have. Then some form of randomly downloaded declutterer wipes all my cookies and passwords for me. Excellent! (I have no idea what my password for this site is now - Firefox is looking after it for me - I never, ever learn.)

Maybe, he simply got fed up. If someone just stops posting without having left comments seeking encouragement to stay, maybe they just have nothing more they need to contribute or gain by sticking around.

However, I guess you've already checked Twitter and other such sites if you've missed him. Should we all spam him with a begging letter? Or...maybe, that would be a bit weird? I suppose it depends on our total score of weirdness...as a collective. I think we'd probably get right to the other end of Hughie Greene's clapometer. Not sure if that should have dashes in like 'clap-o-meter'. Although that would make me want to pronounce it as 'clap oh meter'. Not relevant, but I'm not particularly busy at the moment, so I just kept typing for the sake of it.

He regularly posts on Facebook.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 7th April 2019, 2:17 AM

Godot Taxis
Hope he's well

Why?

Quote: Briosaid @ 7th April 2019, 5:48 PM

He regularly posts on Facebook.

And they are VERY long. Also I think he's making a bit of money from his writing.