Electric Cars

It's the future - or so we are told.

I've just had a sort of taste of it and I didn't like it.

The alternator on my car went and as it was still under warranty, I could only take it back to the dealers.
They couldn't fit me in for 10 days so I have had to charge the battery every night.
It's a pain in the arse.

If everyone is eventually going to have to own electric cars - the recharging everyday will soon lose its charm.
Everytime you get home - before anything else, you have to plug it in and if you forget, you are going nowhere tomorrow for a few hours.

10 DAYS!! What make is it?

Aside from that, I have maintained from day one that they just ain't gonna work. This talk of only non fossil fuel cars in 20/30 year's time is a load of bollocks 'cos they need a yet to be discovered (?) technology to replace the battery(ies). Batteries have so many shortcomings, which makes them useless as a large power source that can be replenished in an instant, which is what petrol does of course.

Who will maintain the infrastructure for a world full of electric cars? I predict a carve up like the railways and energy companies with the greed that comes from shareholders wanting a teturn on investment. It will become more expensive than petrol and diesel.

At present electricity for charging cars is free of 'fuel' tax, but that cannot last because the treasury will not be able to sustain the gradual loss of the tax from Petrol & Diesel oil, so .....