Plenty of Fish Page 4

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th March 2019, 9:45 PM

No matter what one is attempting to achieve, it's always easier simply to give up.

It just seems like a lot of stress and a waste of precious time, waiting for a person to come along with all the qualities you say you require. Do you have any pets?

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 20th March 2019, 9:57 PM

It just seems like a lot of stress and a waste of precious time, waiting for a person to come along with all the qualities you say you require. Do you have any pets?

I'm not the legal owner of a pet but, for many years I've been providing food and shelter and a bit of affection for a cat that decided to adopt me.

It lives outside (by its own choice) so I see it every morning, every night and at various times during the day.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th March 2019, 10:03 PM

I'm not the legal owner of a pet but, for many years I've been providing food and shelter and a bit of affection for a cat that decided to adopt me.

It lives outside (by its own choice) so I see it every morning, every night and at various times during the day.

Well...I sincerely hope you find your dream woman.

Recently, I was reading a woman's profile that said: "I'm quite happy to pay for myself but the question is if we'd met in a more conventional fashion, would you really want me to?"

I haven't contacted her because my answer is "Yes, I bloody well would!" and I don't think that's the answer she'll be wanting to hear.

I think I might be better off with an asexual gay man.

Where's Kenneth Williams when you need him? Laughing out loud

You need a bit if escapism in the firm if a good book. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2019, 12:19 AM

Recently, I was reading a woman's profile that said: "I'm quite happy to pay for myself but the question is if we'd met in a more conventional fashion, would you really want me to?"

I haven't contacted her because my answer is "Yes, I bloody well would!" and I don't think that's the answer she'll be wanting to hear.

I think I might be better off with an asexual gay man.

Where's Kenneth Williams when you need him? Laughing out loud

No, I don't think you should contact her, because YOU'RE not the right person for HER. Someone will be, though.

First of all...sit back and stop searching the entire universe for Miss Right. No dating profile in the world will tell you if that person is your perfect suitor. The person behind the profile might be someone you never thought you'd be happy with...but actually would. You will NEVER know that if you just skip through profiles and say...nah...nah...nah...all the time.

The best thing you can do is continue to frequent places you enjoy going to, especially if it's somewhere just round the corner...and start talking to/getting to know people who also frequent those places. Not specifically to find a mate, but to bring some extra colour to your life. Like-minded friends are amazing...but if you're just going to judge and discard them purely because of their appearance or lifestyle, you'll very likely miss out on having the best friends you could possibly have.

I think you have to accept that not everyone you grace with your presence will want a personal/sexual relationship with you...and it's not just YOUR decision to make about whether that happens or not. I'd stop telling people you haven't even met that you don't want to have sex with them, because (apart from it being a bit weird) there's every chance they've already decided they don't want sex with you anyway.

Just chill. Stroke the cat.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th March 2019, 11:33 AM

Stroke the cat.

I say! I've heard it called some things, but never that. I thought pussy was ladies ..... er, er...................well you know. :$ Downstairs area.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th March 2019, 11:39 AM

I say! I've heard it called some things, but never that. I thought pussy was ladies ..... er, er...................well you know. :$ Downstairs area.

The kitchen? You sexist bastard!

Quote: Briosaid @ 24th March 2019, 12:30 AM

You need a bit if escapism in the firm if a good book. Laughing out loudLaughing out loud

I had a bit of difficulty understanding your message but then I remembered that, in the loft, I have a World War II Enigma machine.

A few key-pushes later, the machine told me exactly what you meant.

Good advice!

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th March 2019, 11:33 AM

Stroke the cat.

I often sit in the garden stroking the cat: she likes it and it takes me back to the 1970s.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2019, 12:02 PM

I often sit in the garden stroking the cat: she likes it and it takes me back to the 1970s.

Whoah! A time-travelling cat...nice!

Please be assured that I'm giving all your advice my earnest consideration, Old Lady Leg.

I am however more than a little disconcerted by your suggestion that not every woman in Britain wants to have sex with me.

A worrying development, and no mistake! :$

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2019, 12:02 PM

I had a bit of difficulty understanding your message but then I remembered that, in the loft, I have a World War II Enigma machine.

A few key-pushes later, the machine told me exactly what you meant.

Good advice!

It should, of course, have been 'form of' but I was half asleep and didn't notice.

I've noticed that the POF site has some sort of built-in censorship mechanism.

There's one woman who likes ****tails and another who has a ****er Spaniel.

The following two pics were (according to Reddit) taken of the same woman on the same day: