What are you watching on TV? Page 2,145

[quote name="Rood Eye" post="1200566" date="18th March 2019, 11:48 PM"]That would be "Lonely" played by Scottish actor Russell Hunter.

You're either very knowledgeable or very quick on IMDb and Google Images - 5 minutes!! :D

But nonetheless, Ta!. Yes called Lonely because he smelt so bad nobody wanted to go near him.

Looking at the code for that small photie - where the hell did you get that from!!!!!

The information about his character name and real name was already in my head.

The photo came from:

https://movie-dude.co.uk/[TV]%20%27Callan%203.4%20A%20Village%20Called%20G%27%20(1970).htm

Yes - I would've got around to remembering him too.

Currently watching Shakespeare and Hathaway. Apart from the forced title I do think it's very good.

Mr Don and Mr George

Pompidou on Netflix, with Matt Lucas and Alex Macqueen. I know it wasn't/isn't appreciated by some people, but I'm very fond of it...and my kids love it...and I love them loving it. They scream with laughter, so it's obviously got something going for it.

Just finishing off The AO. Oh, my dear God, the villain in this series is a complete and utter psycho and a really nasty piece of work. He takes human experimentation to the absolute depths of wrongness. I really wasn't expecting to love this as much as I do, or for it to be as intensely dark as it is...considering the very played-down trailer that accompanies it on Netflix.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th March 2019, 12:00 PM

Just finishing off The AO.

You're doing well, Aristotle Onassis has been dead for over 40 years - you must be one helluva gal! Wass yer number again? Lovey

(Unless you meant OA)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 24th March 2019, 12:00 PM

Just finishing off The AO.

I read it as OA, actually.

I started watching it quite a while ago but quickly lost interest.

Perhaps it gets better?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 24th March 2019, 4:48 PM

I read it as OA, actually.

'swat I put. Unimpressed

AO/OA - One of those mornings. :-/

Just started watching series two. It's already got very weird very quickly. Bodes well.

Just started watching 'I Don't Feel At Home In This World Anymore'. It's a Netflix original film about a young woman, who is already unhappy with the way the world is...and, to make matters worse, she gets home to find she's been burgled. It looks like she then tries to avenge the perpetrators with the help of her friend (played by Elijah Wood). I'm hoping there's a good bit of dark comedy to be had, here.

I've just watched a really good Netflix film - "The Highwaymen" (2019) - which has absolutely nothing to do with robbers on the roads of Olde England.

It's a reworking of the story of the hunt for Bonnie and Clyde, starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson as two ageing ex-Texas-Rangers who are called in to hunt down the glamorous desperados.

I think the word "highwaymen" refers to some type of American police officers.

In any event, it's a really good film and at 132 minutes in length, it's a great watch.

It's very much better than I thought it was going to be - long on character and short on hackneyed gangster shtick.

If the subject matter appeals to you, I'm sure you'll enjoy the film very much.

I've not got Netflix so I'm a bit restricted. Currently watching a Beatles documentary on BBC4. Made on Merseyside. Most probably been on before.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 29th March 2019, 5:42 PM

I've just watched a really good Netflix film - "The Highwaymen" (2019) - which has absolutely nothing to do with robbers on the roads of Olde England.

Quote: Chappers @ 29th March 2019, 9:11 PM

Currently watching a Beatles documentary on BBC4. Most probably been on before.

Yes, this is a problem I am finding with BBC4 because they do repeat a lot from 1 and 2, but don't say as much as they seem to be treating it as the first time seen on that channel, which is a bit annoying. I have quite often found myself watching a BBC4 doc. and realising a few minutes in that I had seen it before. Grrrrr.

Fortunately, I have now found out that if I peer hard enough at the grey subtitle on the Virgin details prior to watching it, it does show when it was aired - either the present time (like now) or when previous.