Mumbai Calling Page 3

Quote: bigsize @ May 30 2009, 10:23 PM BST

How on earth did this get commissioned?

Because it's obviously Politically Correct. You can take the piss out of Asians if you are one.

Actually didn't think this was too bad. Which was surprising, given that I generally tend to avoid Sanjeev Bhaskaar like the proverbial plague.

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 31 2009, 11:57 PM BST

The one moment which did make me laugh was over the end credits, when the ITV announcer informed viewers that The National Flood Helpline (which the centre was "hilariously" fielding calls for) did not actually exist; and that they were not referring to the Environmental Agency... Obviously ITV never takes the chance of overestimating its audience's intelligence.

That was hilarious. Agree with most your points, it didn't seem fused together much. The plot seemed pretty predictable, as soon as they said 'T Johnson' without a Mr/Mrs I knew it was a woman, especially as they over used the word geezer/man to throw you off the scent. Will watch more as I really liked the pilot and first episodes are always a minefield.

Watched the final episode tonight. This was possibly the worst half hour of situation comedy I have seen in many years. The script was both technically and comedically abysmal. It is absolutely beyond belief that an episode this awful in every way could ever make it onto network television. Genuinely shocked. :O

Was that the one I saw last night?

Well?

Er, the one with Philip Glass coming over from London and firing somebody then re-instating them at the very end?

It did seem vaguely funny here and there, I felt. But yes, by no means classic sitcom quality to my mind.

Is it well known as being awful? It's the only episode I've ever seen.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ July 19 2009, 2:15 PM BST

Is it well known as being awful? It's the only episode I've ever seen.

I guess the general consensus is that it wasn't terrible overall, but was average at best.

It was alright in places. I didn't find it particularly awesome, but I did laugh a fair few times in some places.

The best character was the IT-specific helpline guy. He played it brilliantly, and the people he was dealing with were the idiots. Dunno who he was though -- he was never in the bigger group scenes at any point.

Dan

Thanks, guys.

Fx :)

HI, sorry about the lateness in this reply......

I've seen worse stuff than this on TV..... maybe the writer or writers shouldn't try to force the amount of jokes out at such a speed....
very funny in my opinion and was looking around the internet to find an answer to why there wasn't a second series made....

Bad idea to have the one out of EastEnders put a fake "Indian" accent on... takes me back to Curry & Chips with Spike Milligan.....only negative thing I have to say about it...

Maybe the writers should expand on the call centre idea and improve the storylines and not just about the idiots who call up.....
Re-do the idea and sell it to Sky television... I've seen some very funny original stuff on there that ITV probably wouldn't touch....

If you are gonna do a 2nd+ series, good luck 8/10 :D

10 years to comment on a thread is a bit tardy

:P

I got this recently and watched the first two episodes last night. It was alright, dodgy accent aside.

Quote: Will Cam @ 22nd March 2019, 2:32 PM

10 years to comment on a thread is a bit tardy

:P

...still would like to see this series come back....... tardy or not... :P