Greg Davies: You Magnificent Beast

I watched this all to myself on Netflix the other day. I don't know about anyone else, but I find Greg Davies fascinating to watch. Maybe it's his size and the way he uses it to dominate the stage...I don't know. To be honest, it's always refreshing to see a larger than most person be bold about their size and celebrate who they are. I mean...yeah, I get the feeling his bizarre stories are mostly manufactured for the purpose of our enjoyment, but, nevertheless, he delivers them with such enthusiasm it still makes for a great routine. Usually, I'll wait to watch stuff with other people, but I just thought...okay...I'll be naughty and selfishly watch something on my own. Mind you, I did that the other day with After Life too. I'm a terrible person.

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 20th March 2019, 4:55 PM

I get the feeling his bizarre stories are mostly manufactured for the purpose of our enjoyment

If I remember correctly, Greg says that all his stories are true.

That may be just another lie, of course. :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 20th March 2019, 5:01 PM

If I remember correctly, Greg says that all his stories are true.

That may be just another lie, of course. :D

Really? Okay, some stories may start off as personal experiences, but he adds a lot of weight to them that simply cannot be true. That's kind of normal for comedians, though. Otherwise things would get pretty boring for the audience. Maybe I just lead a seriously boring life and can't comprehend an existence where ridiculously bonkers things regularly happen to one person.