Little Help

I am writing something at the moment and for research purposes I wonder if anyone can tell me if they have people who make 'Sand Dogs' in their town centre? I suspect this particular pattern is common as it looks easy to do, but I would like to be sure.
Also if you don't have Sand Sculpture people in your town could you let me know as well as I am hoping its a comprehensive reference rather than a niche one.

To be honest, I've never heard of this, but I tend to avoid Town Centres if possible. If I remember tonight, I'll ask some friends.

Thanks Briosaid in Liverpool its done mainly by Roma peoples so I presume its a common way of getting a few bob in. But its the shape I'm interested in . The dog one seems the most common in particular so I checking to see if that national or regional.

This article says "all over Britain" and seems to indicate that they're somewhat fraudulent.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3372435/amp/Amazingly-realistic-sand-dogs-sculptures-pop-Britain-just-clever-cash-passers-by.html

Thanks Da Butt I didn't realise they had even made the papers I thought they were all over the place , now I know.

One friend said she'd seen one in London and showed me a couple of elaborate pictures on her phone (not dogs). Somebody else said she seen one (not a dog) somewhere in Scotland but she couldn't remember where. As we all live in the West of Scotland where there are many large towns, I'm guessing they're not common here, but I expect you'd be safe as long as they're known about.

Thanks for your efforts Briosaid its appreciated I'll be using it as Da Butt showed me a news story that confirmed it.

I doubt one person in a thousand would know what you meant by "sand dog".

I've never heard the expression and, although I've seen the sculptures on the pavement, I would never have linked the name with the sculptures - although it does make sense once the connection is made.

You might be better to say something like "those dogs made out of sand that you see on the pavement sometimes."

I have absolutely no doubt that the "sculptors" are as bent as a nine-bob note although, in this case, perhaps I should say as bent as a dog's hind leg!

There is no way they're making those dogs from scratch - even if the dogs have sand-fleas!

I'm gobsmacked as I have never heard of this.

Yes I think I need to extend the reference Roody as Sand Dogs appears to be a a tad parochial, thanks for the advice.

A bit obscure, Teddy, but intriguing. I've seen people making sand sculptures in Brighton, weird in a place with a beach made of stones.

Hello Beaky old bean. I love the beach at Brighton, back in the day I use to live above a shop in Kemptown it was a great time.
As for the sand dogs I've knocked them down and I may use the sand for dancing if the weather says nice.

I loved my time in Brighton. We lived above a cafe and had an agreement, we lowered a basket with our order in, and they pulled the string when it was ready. I read Brighton scored highly on the lonely stakes, see here: https://www.brightonandhoveindependent.co.uk/news/campaign-to-combat-brighton-and-hove-s-loneliness-epidemic-1-8224963 This amazed me, as Brighton was the most social place I've lived. So much going on, as Beaky says you can get stoned on the beach and everything. Why so lonely ?

It was a great place and a great time very funky I also lived in Bournemouth and Torquay at the time and we use to work and stay all along the coast there and it was a great time. As for people smoking pot on the beach I'm all for it as I would rather be with pot smokers than lobster red lager drinkers .