Zapped - Series 1

I'd never heard of this sitcom until I read glowing reports on BCG of series 2 and series 3.

I've just had a look at Series 1 Episode 1 but I only lasted ten minutes.

Visually, it's wonderful and the cast could hardly be better.

The snag, however, is that the script seems very "Red Nose Day" inasmuch that I wouldn't be surprised if it had been written on the back of a beer mat while the writers enjoyed a few pints over a single lunchtime.

As a one-off special for Comic Relief, it would be okay given that it's all for charity and everybody's just having a bit of a laugh. Under any other circumstances, it's just not funny enough despite the cast trying ever so hard to make it appear so.

There are plenty of jokes and some of them aren't bad but, on the whole, it's basically kids TV.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th March 2019, 3:17 PM

.............................it's basically kids TV.

:O You wash your mouth out, besides you haven't given a chance with the lone episode. I always give new sitcoms two, maybe three episode viewings.

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th March 2019, 3:17 PM

I've just had a look at Series 1 Episode 1 but I only lasted ten minutes.

I think you should watch all three series before giving your opinion. I mean...it's not like you have to travel 140 miles to watch it, or anything. ;-)

Quote: Old Lady Leg @ 18th March 2019, 3:56 PM

I think you should watch all three series before giving your opinion. I mean...it's not like you have to travel 140 miles to watch it, or anything. ;-)

Most amusing. Have you ever thought of writing for "Zapped"?

Quote: Rood Eye @ 18th March 2019, 4:19 PM

Most amusing. Have you ever thought of writing for "Zapped"?

That's it, I'm sending the boys round. Muahahahah!