Things that piss you off Page 1,751

I can't post on Facebook for some bloody reason!

Quote: Chappers @ 13th March 2019, 6:25 PM

I can't post on Facebook for some bloody reason!

I was able to read posts earlier, but I didn't try to post. However I found it impossible to get on the 2 games I play.

Quote: Briosaid @ 13th March 2019, 6:28 PM

I was able to read posts earlier, but I didn't try to post. However I found it impossible to get on the 2 games I play.

Apparently they were not aiming at you. Facebook had a major server outage on Wednesday--Thursday for which the main symptom was inability to post.

It didn't exactly destroy my life, Bill. No, Brexit is doing that (*runs away)

TTPYO? Our f**king politicians betraying democracy!

I'm really trying to ignore this, BUT What's undemocratic about a second vote ? As the man said last night on Question Time, if TM can keep brining back her sodding deal for another vote, why can't the people have another vote?

If a second referendum results in another "out" vote, we will be exactly where we are now and will have to sit through another 3 years of this nonsense, given that Parliament will still have to agree the process (which they have shown they are singularly incapable of doing). We already know that the result of a referendum is not binding and that any promises to honour the result of a referendum are meaningless.

Quote: Briosaid @ 15th March 2019, 9:48 PM

What's undemocratic about a second vote?

Nothing at all.

And there's nothing undemocratic about a third vote or a fourth or indeed about any number of subsequent votes - after all, that's how we elect our political representatives. We have a vote and, a few years later, we have another vote and, a few years after that, we have another vote... and so on.

The reason we vote for members of Parliament every few years is that it's entirely likely that the will of the people will change at some point after every election and, accordingly, we re-elect politicians every few years in accordance with the people's will at that time.

Has the will of the people changed with regard to Brexit since the original vote?

If there is no reason to think so, there should be no second vote.

However, if there is reason to think so, democracy demands that a second vote be held before irreversible changes are made to our nation and its relationship with the rest of the world.

The UK is a Parliamentary democracy and, as such, demands no referendum at all, 1st, 2nd or subsequent. Members of Parliament are elected by the people to represent them. We now see what chaos results from abandoning this process.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 15th March 2019, 10:17 PM

If a second referendum results in another "out" vote, we will be exactly where we are now and will have to sit through another 3 years of this nonsense, given that Parliament will still have to agree the process (which they have shown they are singularly incapable of doing). We already know that the result of a referendum is not binding and that any promises to honour the result of a referendum are meaningless.

I think if there was another 'out' vote we could at least have some faith that people had a better idea what they were voting for. I'd still think they were deranged but I'd be prepared to accept it as 'the will of the people's even if I thought they were ignorant and racist.
The best laugh for racists is this- I had (past tense as I couldn't stand the triumphalism after the vote) a 'friend' who voted 'out' because she was a racist, but the people she was against were from Africa. She really believed that coming out of the EU would 'save' her from African incomers.

People who put adjectives AFTER nouns. They can f**k off to pastures new.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 17th March 2019, 4:31 PM

People who put adjectives AFTER nouns. They can f**k off to pastures new.

Christ almighty! That's SO annoying!

And so is starting every bloody sentence with 'So'. When I hear this, I want to rip the perpetrators limb from limb.

Quote: Briosaid @ 17th March 2019, 8:54 PM

And so is starting every bloody sentence with 'So'. When I hear this, I want to rip the perpetrators limb from limb.

As I think I said at the Brighton Conference (as Mike Yarwood's Harold Wilson used to say):

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 20th August 2016, 12:01 AM

People who begin the answer to a question with the word "So.".

When did that become acceptable?

Exactly, but they're all at it.